StudentsReview :: Florida Southern College - Comments and Student Experiences

Florida State University -- Tallahassee, FL

Florida Southern College

Accessible faculty

Mar 30 2010Business - Management and Administration
Accessible faculty. Terrific study abroad. School can fit whatever you want it to be: pre-grad school, career prep, lots of fun, focus on sports, focus on drinking, focus on international, academically rigorous, just skating by.... ANYTHING.
Preparedness: A+ Reputation: F

I looked at FSU and UCF, and with

Nov 03 2009Business - Management and Administration
I looked at FSU and UCF, and with their class sizes over 400 per class, I didn't think I would be getting the education I wanted. FSC has the smaller class sizes where I get to actually know and interact with my professor and the other students. Life on campus is great, fun, helpful, actually a lot going on for students, and Tampa and Orlando are half hour away with about everything else one might want to do! I'm glad for my pick in going to FSC, wouldn't trade it for the world.
3rd Year Female -- Class 2011
Education Quality: A+, Surrounding City: B+

I have really enjoyed my time at FSC

Sep 08 2008Music - Performance
I have really enjoyed my time at FSC. My favorite teachers are the ones that challenged me, I might have a gotten a lower grades in some of the challenging classes but I learned the most from them. The Music Department is a huge family. We see each other all the time, sometimes having 4-5 classes together a day. The faculty for the most part is incredibly helpful and friendly, but there are always the exceptions. The Festival of Fine Arts Program is pretty awesome, we've had performers from Emmanuel Ax to the Five Browns to the Jerusalem Symphony Orchestra to the Russian Ballet to big opera company's performing Madame Butterfly and The Magic Flute. I highly recommend going to FSC. Try to have a lesson with your possible applied teacher beforehand.
3rd Year Female -- Class 2009