StudentsReview ™ :: Full Sail University - Comments and Student Experiences

Full Sail University

After being an alumni of Full Sail for

Apr 19 2014Engineering Department
After being an alumni of Full Sail for 5 years now I am embarrassed I spent money to go to such a lie of a school. Satisfaction certainly not guaranteed for they would not be running! They tell you how wonderful their career development dept is....I'm here to tell you it's a lie. I've given them time after time AFTER time to redeem themselves and they are the worst of the worst CD dept. I have worked with 4 different "advisors" (who probably just graduated FS themselves and couldn't find a job either) and they are just clueless. When you are headed into a very difficult industry like audio engineering you go to a school like FS for the thought that the CD dept will help at the end. They claim they have reps at all the big companies who will just slide your resume in...maybe the reps are the janitors at these companies. Instead they send you leads for jobs like food and beverage coordinator, because it's at a festival......hello my degree that I graduated with from your school is Audio Engineering!?! After I was moving to a new city and told the HEAD of the alumni portion of CD I wanted them to pass my resume along on at 3 companies, the response I got was "Sorry we don't have reps there". I have had two internships at studios that I got myself, I work numerous freelance audio jobs I got myself and I will certainly NOT tell them so they can try to take credit.
Preparedness: F Reputation: F

Full Sail can sometimes aptly be described as

Mar 11 2014Design Arts - Industrial Design/Graphic Design/etc
Full Sail can sometimes aptly be described as Full Sale.They spend so much money on propaganda and enticing students. The quality of the education is sometimes very high, and sometimes... very low. Frankly, with only one month, you don't get the chance to truly master a subject. The problem with this, is that you become a jack of all trades, but truly a master of none. Your portfolio is your only saving grace. The problem with this is, that the school does not teach art, but rather teaches as a technician would. Press this button for this effect. The 3d modeling program is much more artistic, but is less design oriented. It is a shame, that you can learn so VERY much about these programs, but still come out a talentless hack. Sleep depreviation is also the cornerstone of this school, and if you love debt... My are you prepared. Don't go here unless you're paying cash!

I was hit by a car outside of UCF. I had to go to therapy to even move my arm. This conflicted with my school, and they didn't care. My tuition and loans ran out, and that was it. They kicked me out because I had no more funding and I was unable to get a halt to classes because I couldn't even pay rent.

I'm now a soldier, and I pay almost $800 a month on my loans still.
Do I regret the education. No. Do I regret the school. Yes.One VERY common thing you will hear here, is that you can get this exact education from books. Go invest in Lynda.com or Safari books online, and you will get JUST as good of an education. For learning art and design though, you're on your own.

1st Year Male -- Class 2010
Campus Aesthetics: A+, Individual Value: D

I was in the digital arts program and

Dec 31 2013Design Arts - Industrial Design/Graphic Design/etc
I was in the digital arts program and graduated in 09. I was thrown into the working world at 19 with the only job experience working parttime at a restauarnt in high school. i took shit jobs for a few years like shooting weddings and lame corporate videos, but it was money and experience. dont expect to land an awesome job right out of school. Employers are looking for an experienced professional, and it takes a while to get to that point. Im now working at a well known boutique studio doing what i love and making a good middle class salary at 24 years old. Full Sail was a great platform for me to grow on, and i dont know if id be where i am now without it. that being said, it is pretty expensive. I was fortunate enough to have family pay for my tuition, and if not i would have been overwhelmed with paying it back my first couple years. its not the school for everybody, and dont expect a glamorous job right after graduation. hard work and experience will benefit you more than any school.
Starting Job: camera operator Preparedness: B- Reputation: B