StudentsReview :: Full Sail University - Comments and Student Experiences

Full Sail University

I'm not finished with my game design course,

Jul 19 2014Other
I'm not finished with my game design course, but I'm currently shopping for a transfer. I'm not expecting much to come of that. However, I find it intriguing that the school can so masterfully create a marketing plan that catches so many people, and yet can't challenge it's students. I find this disheartening. I've been at Full Sail for 3 academic years now. So, two real years. And from what I've gathered, this is not a college level class. A lot of my course work doesn't even check spelling or grammar. And they even mention that in the PDF. And the students will often say "Well, the teacher said it to do this way", while I'm pulling my hair out and trying not to scream in frustration! College is the time to make mistakes, and I feel I made a fairly large mistake in even choosing this one in particular. Only a $25,000 mistake...
3rd Year Female -- Class 2015
Collaboration/Competitive: C-, Faculty Accessibility: F

Absolutely terrible

Jul 02 2014Art & Design Department
Absolutely terrible. Even the people that write positive reviews about Half Sail would agree with the idea of attending an accredited university with a similar program for a fraction of the cost. The teachers are mostly half wits or recent graduates. Waste of time and a ton of money.

I think that because Full Sail is still

Sep 12 2014Fine Arts - Painting/Sculpture/Photography/etc
I think that because Full Sail is still a young school, they don't really have it together yet. They just built dormitories. They are located in Florida, there are no campus dormitories but they don't have a shuttle service for students to get to and from school when it rains. I live half a mile away from the school in an apartment and because I can't afford a car I have to walk. I don't mind walking but when it rains, the heavy Florida rain, my umbrella is useless and I have to go to class soaked. I've ruined quite a few pairs of shoes because of the monsoons that pop up.

The school also encourages networking but they don't have any facilities in place to make it happen. There is no cooperative learning. If we want to have a finished project, then we have to pay for it and do it ourselves.

You will also have to deal with people that you just don't like. There will be people that you know shouldn't be there but you have to suck it up and power through. You will also have to deal with people talking to you about opportunities to work with them or for them so if you are not a people person, I suggest in investing in headphones.Full Sail has it's problems and I feel that they'll get solved with time but it is a good school and you will learn a lot.

2nd Year Female -- Class 2014