StudentsReview :: Full Sail University - Comments and Student Experiences

Full Sail University

Absolutely terrible

Jul 02 2014Art & Design Department
Absolutely terrible. Even the people that write positive reviews about Half Sail would agree with the idea of attending an accredited university with a similar program for a fraction of the cost. The teachers are mostly half wits or recent graduates. Waste of time and a ton of money.

This university offers the opportunity to get your

Jun 30 2014Design Arts - Industrial Design/Graphic Design/etc
This university offers the opportunity to get your degree very fast. You can do 4 years in 27 months.

The homework was fair, and I like the online program. But I hit the wall when I needed help from the instructors and the administrative staff. They are useless.

when finally one instructor returned my call because I was having problems with an assignment, her advice was to go to watch youtube. She didn't offer any other way to help me, just go and try to find about the subject on youtube.

Another instructor did never ever return my emails or phone calls.
And the administrative staff are even worse. Good luck if you're going to study here. Hopefully you will never need any help, because if you do, you will fail.

1st Year Female -- Class 2016
University Resource Use: A, Education Quality: F

I'm not finished with my game design course,

Jul 19 2014Other
I'm not finished with my game design course, but I'm currently shopping for a transfer. I'm not expecting much to come of that. However, I find it intriguing that the school can so masterfully create a marketing plan that catches so many people, and yet can't challenge it's students. I find this disheartening. I've been at Full Sail for 3 academic years now. So, two real years. And from what I've gathered, this is not a college level class. A lot of my course work doesn't even check spelling or grammar. And they even mention that in the PDF. And the students will often say "Well, the teacher said it to do this way", while I'm pulling my hair out and trying not to scream in frustration! College is the time to make mistakes, and I feel I made a fairly large mistake in even choosing this one in particular. Only a $25,000 mistake...
3rd Year Female -- Class 2015