StudentsReview ™ :: Full Sail University - Comments and Student Experiences

Full Sail University

Full Sail can sometimes aptly be described as

Mar 11 2014Design Arts - Industrial Design/Graphic Design/etc
Full Sail can sometimes aptly be described as Full Sale.They spend so much money on propaganda and enticing students. The quality of the education is sometimes very high, and sometimes... very low. Frankly, with only one month, you don't get the chance to truly master a subject. The problem with this, is that you become a jack of all trades, but truly a master of none. Your portfolio is your only saving grace. The problem with this is, that the school does not teach art, but rather teaches as a technician would. Press this button for this effect. The 3d modeling program is much more artistic, but is less design oriented. It is a shame, that you can learn so VERY much about these programs, but still come out a talentless hack. Sleep depreviation is also the cornerstone of this school, and if you love debt... My are you prepared. Don't go here unless you're paying cash!

I was hit by a car outside of UCF. I had to go to therapy to even move my arm. This conflicted with my school, and they didn't care. My tuition and loans ran out, and that was it. They kicked me out because I had no more funding and I was unable to get a halt to classes because I couldn't even pay rent.

I'm now a soldier, and I pay almost $800 a month on my loans still.
Do I regret the education. No. Do I regret the school. Yes.One VERY common thing you will hear here, is that you can get this exact education from books. Go invest in Lynda.com or Safari books online, and you will get JUST as good of an education. For learning art and design though, you're on your own.

1st Year Male -- Class 2010
Campus Aesthetics: A+, Individual Value: D

I was in the digital arts program and

Dec 31 2013Design Arts - Industrial Design/Graphic Design/etc
I was in the digital arts program and graduated in 09. I was thrown into the working world at 19 with the only job experience working parttime at a restauarnt in high school. i took shit jobs for a few years like shooting weddings and lame corporate videos, but it was money and experience. dont expect to land an awesome job right out of school. Employers are looking for an experienced professional, and it takes a while to get to that point. Im now working at a well known boutique studio doing what i love and making a good middle class salary at 24 years old. Full Sail was a great platform for me to grow on, and i dont know if id be where i am now without it. that being said, it is pretty expensive. I was fortunate enough to have family pay for my tuition, and if not i would have been overwhelmed with paying it back my first couple years. its not the school for everybody, and dont expect a glamorous job right after graduation. hard work and experience will benefit you more than any school.
Starting Job: camera operator Preparedness: B- Reputation: B

*DISCLAIMER: I am speaking in reference to Full

Dec 15 2013Business - Management and Administration
*DISCLAIMER: I am speaking in reference to Full Sail's business degree dept. ONLY, the film program here is great and the recording/production side isn't too shabby either, but anyone looking into the business side of the entertainment industry should RUN AWAY FROM THIS SCHOOL!!!*

Full Sail is a business before a university, plain and simple. I am two months away from graduating with my BS in music business and I feel that my experience here has been just that, BS. All of the classes are way too easy... Like STUPID easy. I am amazed at the number of people who drop out; not the ones who are smart enough to transfer to a REAL school before they have wasted too much time/money here (kudos to them), but the morons who actually FAIL so many times that they give up. I maintain a very active social life, show up to almost all of my morning classes hungover from the night before, sleep through lectures, give a maximum of about 10% effort, and procrastinate on every single project, yet I STILL manage to maintain a 3.7GPA... HOW IS THAT EVEN POSSIBLE?! This place is an absolute JOKE. I am $108k in debt, even though I only took out loans for my first year here, and I am going to have to get ANOTHER bachelors degree from a REAL university before I can even think about applying to graduate/law schools because EVERY industry professional I come into contact with (that doesn't have some kind of financial ties to Full Sail) chuckles at the fact that I expect a halfway decent pay-grade after graduation... AWESOME. I wish I wasn't in a constant drunken stupor for the first eight months that I was here, otherwise I would've realized what a MASSIVE waste of time and money this place is and gotten out of this awful town... Seriously, on top of Full Sail being the very definition of absurd, Orlando is one of the least desirable places on the entire planet. I have become accustomed to calling it 'the armpit of the earth', and nobody here has tried to correct me yet. Here's some advice: if you want to be mediocre in all aspects of life (education (ha), income, social standing, etc.), then apply to Full Sail. Correction, give Full Sail permission to rob you blind in exchange for a third-rate 'education', because they will accept any idiot who is capable of signing on the dotted line, but if you want to be successful or actually learn something then look elsewhere, this is not the place for you.The student body passes around random memes/jokes about Full Sail in an attempt to brighten up our long, miserable days here, and the saddest one also happens to be the most truthful: "Full Sail, where dreams go to die..."

2nd Year Female -- Class 2014