StudentsReview :: Florida State University - Comments and Student Experiences

University of Florida -- Gainesville, FL
University of Central Florida -- Orlando, FL
Florida Atlantic University -- Boca Raton, FL

I have taken classes at two other FloridaQuite BrightChemistry
I have taken classes at two other Florida universities and I have never experienced nearly as much grade injustice at those institutes as I have experienced here at FSU. The science departments at this university are filled with arrogant, condescending research professors who care more about their own research than their students.

The classes are deemed to be "harder" here. However, the difficulty of a course SHOULD be based on the content of the subject, not based on unfair exams and grading. I was in an upper level chemistry lab and I had the highest grades out of all 3 lab sections, but I did not receive and A because my lab supervising professors told me "Nobody gets an A in this class". The TA's for that lab unfairly took off points for ridiculous errors, and when I asked them about their reasoning for taking off those points they basically scoffed.

I have suffered at least 4 instances where the grading of exams/lab reports/papers has been questionable. Do not come to this school if you actually want to learn. I was an A student before attending this school. I worked hard for my grades, and I still work hard at FSU. But, achieving an A in a science class here is nearly impossible unless the professor curves the whole class several points.AVOID THIS SCHOOL!

3rd Year Male -- Class 2015
University Resource Use: A+, Faculty Accessibility: F
The school places so much value on football.Quite BrightSociology
The school places so much value on football. They got so many freaking perks while the general body doesnt.Campus is pretty. Talla-nasty sucks. Chipotle not far from campus which is major plus but otherwise the place sucked. Greek life is over 50% and they basically run student government. And it is a completely corrupt community. Some really cool people, some niches and funkier places around the Nasty (Tallanasty-> tallahassee). Not worth it to go e your tuition money to a sports club with some learning. Most kids go there for the parties, not the school- let's be real. The faculty were great and the programs were good once you started taking 4000 level courses. Anything lower than 4000 had a prominent amount of morons.
1st Year Female -- Class 2014
Campus Maintenance: A, Innovation: F
I absolutely hated the biology program.BrightBiology
I absolutely hated the biology program. As a hispanic student, I always felt like I was looked down on by everyone. 50% of the Proffessors are good. If you are here to do research, good luck. There is too much competion for lab time. The professor for genetics is a joke, he can barely count and he's only there because he has tenure. He always brags about his pointless research on zebra fish. Just do yourself a favor and go to a smaller college for your undergrad. Where you get your Graduate degree is what really counts.
1st Year Male -- Class 2016