StudentsReview :: Hillsborough Community College - Comments and Student Experiences

Hillsborough Community College

As a previous USF student, I'd have toBrightPreMed and Medical
As a previous USF student, I'd have to say that HCC is beyond disappointing in several aspects. First and foremost, the faculty is atrocious. In the student services building, you are treated like a nuisance. The irony of the matter is that the majority of time I spent there was on a fault of their own. They lost my Financial Aid paperwork several times claiming that I never turned it in and I had to see an adviser on 3 separate occasions for the same problem (transfer credits).

Thus far, the professors have been okay. Compared to USF, I like the smaller class sizes. However, one professor was so old that they didn't believe in using blackboard. The other, stumbled on his words and then scolded the class for giving him bad reviews on ratemyprofessor. It's the first day of the summer semester and I'm already flustered. My online professor goes out of his way in the syllabus to condemn procrastination, yet he posted the syllabus last minute, full of typos, and forgot to tell us which textbook we needed - just make sure we get the 9th edition.The students on campus are the only positive element of HCC. There's lots of diversity from different backgrounds which is a pleasant change of pace from USF. Overall I'd rate this place an F. It's absurd that we pay money to attend and are treated so poorly.

1st Year Male -- Class 2019
Campus Aesthetics: B-, Education Quality: F
I will be attending Hillsborough Community College asOther
I will be attending Hillsborough Community College as a Transient student for the summer of 2015. I have had an overall AWFUL experience with HCC. I am very disappointed in the institution and how it jhas managed it's communication. I have been passed from office to office, NOT transferred, but I had to call individual offices over 14 times in total because information I was receiving was incorrect or was not adding up with the information given by the past worker. I was treated very rudely by one of the tech informants, who would attempt to hangup the phone with me every possible moment after he had "fixed" my problem, which was actually just telling me the same information over and over again without being very obvious where it applied to. After giving me the "fix" he would try to hang up on me, I had to practically beg the man to stay on the phone with me until the issue was officially resolved, when it was I was quickly cut off with a curt goodbye. I have been given so much different information about the same problems, overall being a confusing and incredibly frustrating ordeal. One of the "mix ups" was an issue with my application "not being sent" which it very well had been. The first lady I was on the phone with told me curtly that I had to redo the entire application and without further explanation ended the conversation. Of course since the application had truly been sent I was not able to send it again, therefore I called again and was told that they had no problem locating my app. In one of the cases for me, I had been misinformed with how to apply as an instate student, therefore I was charged as an out of state student. Because of the lack of help, guidance, and given information I did not have access to Hawkmail (which I just recently have learned existed) I DID NOT RECEIVE ANY information containing billing as an out of state student which is a SIGNIFICANT difference in sums. Needless to say this would have been important to know. Luckily I researched and found out about this miscommunication before being charged and called the admission services. There I was told (by the kindest lady at HCC by far after at least 7 to 8 calls before)about the information on how to change that mistake. I told her my situation about being at a college away from HCC and how I would need my mom to take the "proof of residency" to the office. She told me there would be no problem and the issue would be easily handled. My mom has cancer and has a limited amount of time on her hands, my aunt drives all the way from South Carolina to help my mom because I am not able to be down in Tampa to be with her. Her schedule is tight because of treatments and the over all affect they have on her body. Now, she took time of her busy schedule to bring these two items to the office, and was told upon getting there that she would need a signed consent form from me, and a copy of my photo ID... THIS WAS NOT COMMUNICATED AT ALL IN MY CALL. Needless to say I am profoundly disappointed and dissatisfied, with my experiences.I must say I am incredibly frustrated with the people's lack of knowledge, lack of communication, lack of desire to spend time with the student to resolve simple issues, and the lack of agreed upon knowledge. At this point, I would not consider again to have any more involvement with HCC. We still have not resolved the out of state misunderstanding, so we will see how that panes out in the next few days, my hopes are not high.
The college is a propaganda machine for commies,Biology
The college is a propaganda machine for commies, the faculty (most of them) hate America, the military, religion and freedom of speech. There is ZERO diversity-if you don't believe in communism and social change the faculty-will openly hate you.They are all about climate change and supporting the most liberal/commie member.

University of San Diego (CA) 1:neutral

Towson University (MD) 1:negative

United States Air Force Academy (CO) 1:advice

Central Michigan University (MI) 1:negative

According to NPR, the cost of college tuition an... more→