StudentsReview :: Hillsborough Community College - Comments and Student Experiences

Hillsborough Community College

Don't waste your time

Sep 15 2014Other
Don't waste your time. This school is trash and I am embarrassed to admit I have a degree from here. The staff is unreliable and rude. One of my teachers graduated here and was fired because he failed his whole class. Every semester, for a year. I have had numerous of difficulties with student services losing my paperwork for financial aid. No one will contact you either, you will just find out when ur financial aid doesn't go through. Even when I physically handed them paperwork with all of my personal info , somehow they lost it. Don't waste your time or money.

Financial Aid can be the determining factor in

Jun 23 2014Criminal
Financial Aid can be the determining factor in whether a young person gets the opportunity to succeed or is faced with a life of struggling. Even when financial aid is already awarded, the HCC personnel are inept at properly applying the money to pay for tuition & books. They are QUICK to drop students from classes but SLOW or NON RECEPTIVE to correcting their mistakes, add to this that teachers are not sensitive to allowing students back in, and the child is left with a huge balance, no transcripts, and possibly no future. Horrendous way of running a college.
1st Year Female -- Class 2018
Education Quality: D, Individual Value: F

I am a 33 year old student who

Aug 22 2014Philosophy
I am a 33 year old student who should be graduating over the summer semester at HCC in 2015. I would have to say that I have had an overall pleasant experience. There are a few speedbumps in the school. Communication between Financial Aid, admissions and student advising could be improved. Sometimes I would get three different answers but Student Advising usually had their duck in a row.

After reading many of the reviews I felt like they may be a bit unfair. Everything is spelled out in black and white. If you truly read your syllabus and follow it you will get along in your classes fine. During my orientation at the school the staff member said, " This is college. No one here is going to hold your hand. It is your responsibility to make your time here a success." I took that to heart and I am maintaining a 4.0 and looking forward to possibly transferring to USF. I really like the school and would recommend it to anyone.

2nd Year Male -- Class 2015