StudentsReview :: Hillsborough Community College - Comments and Student Experiences

Hillsborough Community College

Don't waste your time

Sep 15 2014Other
Don't waste your time. This school is trash and I am embarrassed to admit I have a degree from here. The staff is unreliable and rude. One of my teachers graduated here and was fired because he failed his whole class. Every semester, for a year. I have had numerous of difficulties with student services losing my paperwork for financial aid. No one will contact you either, you will just find out when ur financial aid doesn't go through. Even when I physically handed them paperwork with all of my personal info , somehow they lost it. Don't waste your time or money.

Find another community college

Nov 11 2014Computer Science
Find another community college. HCC will not prepare you for a university. Tests are often multiple choice handouts as opposed to written essay exams so little to no effort is required to pass certain classes. Student service is terrible. Transient student applications take weeks to be processed. Student advisers and counselors fail to give straight answers when asked which credits will transfer to other institutions. For some classes the books are only available in loose leaf formats that are difficult to work with and fall apart easily. This is not the college you are looking for. Don't get trapped here.

I am a 33 year old student who

Aug 22 2014Philosophy
I am a 33 year old student who should be graduating over the summer semester at HCC in 2015. I would have to say that I have had an overall pleasant experience. There are a few speedbumps in the school. Communication between Financial Aid, admissions and student advising could be improved. Sometimes I would get three different answers but Student Advising usually had their duck in a row.

After reading many of the reviews I felt like they may be a bit unfair. Everything is spelled out in black and white. If you truly read your syllabus and follow it you will get along in your classes fine. During my orientation at the school the staff member said, " This is college. No one here is going to hold your hand. It is your responsibility to make your time here a success." I took that to heart and I am maintaining a 4.0 and looking forward to possibly transferring to USF. I really like the school and would recommend it to anyone.

2nd Year Male -- Class 2015