StudentsReview ™ :: Hillsborough Community College - Comments and Student Experiences

Hillsborough Community College

Horrible excuse for a college

Apr 01 2014Undecided
Horrible excuse for a college. You stand in line for two hours or more and they tell you to look on the website. Most teachers don't seen to care, and half don't speak English. Some teachers don't even teach, so if you can't teach yourself you're screwed. If you have the chance go to any other school other than this pathetic excuse of one.

HCC has wonderful teachers that make extra effort

Jan 17 2014Nursing
HCC has wonderful teachers that make extra effort to accommodate students. However the advisors aren't knowledgeable, the financial aid department is a joke, and both have made multiple mistakes on my accounts, program advising, losing my transcripts. They don't have it together and are the farthest thing from helpful. I actually talked to an advisor from a local university I want to transfer to and they at least have me a clear course of action now in regards to taking the appropriate classes specific to my degree.
2nd Year Female -- Class 2015
Perceived Campus Safety: A+, Individual Value: F

FINANCIAL AID IS THE WORST OFFICE AT ANY

Oct 11 2013Criminal
FINANCIAL AID IS THE WORST OFFICE AT ANY SCHOOL! I had a pell grant and a student loan; they failed to apply either of these to my account, then sent a letter in the mail well after mid-terms to let me know I had an "outstanding balance." When I went to check on this, the (student worker?) at the front counter concurred, told me not to worry and it would "be fixed." Guess what? Never was, and now they say I owe money I do not owe. I'm intelligent enough to know not to apply to college if I think I have to pay for it myself, being a single mother. They screwed up, plain and simple, and will not admit it, nor explain it. Just pay. No.
1st Year Female -- Class 2014