StudentsReview :: Jacksonville University - Comments and Student Experiences

Florida State University -- Tallahassee, FL
Florida Atlantic University -- Boca Raton, FL

Jacksonville University

Nov 29 2013Sociology

This is an Okay school. It is like highschool and a lot of the students act like it.

4th Year Female -- Class 2014
Collaboration/Competitive: A+, Social Life: F

They just fired the best math professor there because h

Jun 05 2013Math
They just fired the best math professor there because hr worked hard to try to actually teach you something and the ones that were there for ever just collecting a pay check were theatened. He was so popular with the students this was the most f***ing ridiculous thing I have ever heard of. If I wasn't so close to graduation, I would transfer.
3rd Year Female -- Class 2014
Collaboration/Competitive: A, Education Quality: F

JU is a good school for a few

Jun 24 2013Nursing
JU is a good school for a few majors only. My first 3 years, I lived on campus, and it was miserable. Living on campus here really sucks. But my senior year, I lived off campus, avoiding a lot of the on campus issues, as well as some of the costs. For nursing, JU has a well respected reputation, so that is why I decided to stay at this school, but I would say for any other major, it's not really worth it. Nursing faculty are all approachable and helpful. Other professors in other departments seemed to not really care or even try to educate students, just passed people who did nothing, etc. It was worth the cost for me and most of my classmates in Nursing, as a lot of us already have job offers and are going into specialized floors right out of graduation, which is not something that every new nurse gets to do. If you are going for a general Psychology, English, or History degree, go somewhere cheaper. Financial aid office sucks, and messed up my financial aid EVERY semester I was there. I had to email my counselor several times as well as the director, but I also had some connections who worked there and helped me out. You need to stay on top of it, because JU doesn't care if you don't realize you are due a refund. Overall, I ranked this as neutral, because a lot of people aren't nursing majors, but for Nursing, I would say JU is doing well in that department. Everything else is mediocre at best, and could probably be done better and cheaper somewhere else.
4th Year Female -- Class 2013