StudentsReview :: Keiser University Ft Lauderdale - Comments and Student Experiences

Keiser University Ft Lauderdale

Having previously worked at Keiser it can sayQuite BrightOther
Having previously worked at Keiser it can say it was a real eye opening experience into the world of higher education. Private schools like Keiser are nothing more than for profit businesses disguised as colleges. In admissions we literally sign contracts (goal sheets) each month saying that we will enroll a certain number of students and if we don't we are pretty much written up and if it continues to happen and we don't make our goals 3 months in a row we are out the door? FIRED! Based on that kind of pressure in admissions most counselors say anything to get students to enroll as they see them as nothing more than a number towards their monthly goal. The motto of Keiser might be ?students first? but in admissions it's ?students first for three days? because after three days of sitting in class the student is responsible financially for the entire semester and we can then wash our hands of them and move on.

There are no standards as Keiser will accept anybody who can pay the $200 enrollment fee and make it through financial aid. Yes, I did say $200 enrollment fee! (most colleges only charge $25 or $35 for an application fee? Keiser charges $200) Certain medical programs have entrance tests score you need to get to make it into the core but even if you don't hit the score needed the admissions counselor will tell you to enroll into some other major, take your general education classes then try retaking the test every 60 days until you earn the score you need. It?s all about getting you to sit in class to get your money and count as an enrollment for them. It sickens me what goes on in admissions. Keiser literally hires Spanish speaking admissions reps just to talk to students & their parents 100% in Spanish to get them to enroll then they'd end up in class not speaking English! There are no standards with Keiser. I could write a book about the shit I?ve seen here. Tuition at Keiser is about $8000 per semester so if you add that up you are looking at around $40,000 for an associate's degree which is crazy! You can go to any state school for a faction of that amount.

Also on paper the way Keiser does the classes sounds good as it breaks down as follows: At a traditional college like UCF a semester is 4 months and most students take 4 classes in those 4 months. You may have 1 class that meets MWF from 9-1, a second class that meets Monday night class from 6-10, a third class meeting on Tues-Thurs class from 8-10 and a forth class meeting on Tues-Thurs from 1-3 and for four months that would be your schedule then it will change to something different the next semester. At Keiser the admissions reps tells students a semester is 4 months and you will do 4 classes in a semester but rather than juggle all 4 classes at once like a traditional school here at Keiser you will be in one class for a month then your next class for a month, then your next class for a month, and then your next class for a month. This way you are still doing 4 classes per semester but rather than having to split your attention between four classes all at once you can focus on one class at a time. When you say it like that it sounds good but honestly you can't learn a subject in one month. One month long classes teach the students practically nothing as its just memorize the material and regurgitate it back. A student needs 4 months, a full traditional semester to truly slow down and learn/comprehend material not 1 month.

As it relates to money here each class costs about $2000 and that totals up to $8000 per semester. Many students do not understand financial aid and think it's all play money which isn't the case. If you drop a class you still have to pay for it. If you fail a class you still have to pay for it. If you drop out you still have to pay for the full semester as Keiser bills by the semester not the individual course or credit hour.

I could go on and on about everything from the phone script when you call the school, the interview process to the books constantly changing on a monthly basis so that students can't sell their used text books to new students but my advice is simple and it is to stay far far away from private for profit schools like Keiser and attend a public university/college.

3rd Year Female -- Class 2012
C grade "College" could meet my expectations.Quite BrightOther
C grade "College" could meet my expectations.... As I thought, I was right. Not only was the school classes put together by some 1st grade kids, compared to my 4yr college this was a joke. I was Amazed that a faculty staff could be so condescending, rude, arrogant, and just plane assholes. Before you go dump 1,000 bucks on golf clothes like I did better save up, they make you buy their God awful school apparel always shave and if your on time for class they lock you out and count you as absent. Which means you can't take the final if you miss more than one day, same goes for the two 5min breaks you get.. Better just to stay in your seat than risk basically getting kicke out
1st Year Male -- Class 2015
Friendliness: B-, Education Quality: F
This is certainly trueNursing
This is certainly true at our house. How about the rest of you ?Yep, us too. We have a few Apple coetmpurs, ipods, and one of my kids has an iphone. We aren't exclusively Apple. We also have a few other coetmpurs (one older XP and linux), Kindle Fire and Android phones.

Roger Williams University (RI) 1:negative