StudentsReview :: Keiser University Ft Lauderdale - Comments and Student Experiences

Keiser University Ft Lauderdale

Many of the faculty and staff are decentQuite BrightNursing
Many of the faculty and staff are decent and nice. I select few are even exceptional. The president, Brandon Barnhill, is excellent and very friendly with a true desire to help the students. The Nursing counselor, Laura, is outstanding, genuinely concerned, and completely devoted to doing a wonderful job. That being said, several of the teachers are inconsiderate, rude, disrespectful, and just down right mean. Mary Rosario is one of those teachers. She is rude and I dare say extremely evil. She makes inappropriate comments to students on a regular basis, she harasses many of the students for no reason, talks to us like we are disobedient little children. She singles students out and picks on that person before moving on to someone else. She even goes to other teacher's classrooms and tries to control those students and get them written up. So far this semester...almost 2 months in, she has written up 7 students at least once. She isn't even fit to work in a dirt factory behind closed doors.
1st Year Male -- Class 2014
Campus Maintenance: A+, Education Quality: F
Do not waste your time and money.Quite BrightSchool of Information
Do not waste your time and money. I am an adult who was in the business world for many years. I am used to dealing with people in a professional and honest manner. In one semester my book orders were incorrect once, not sent another time and then I was double billed. I needed to speak to three different people before I found someone who was WILLING and then able to correct the issues. This is the tip of the iceberg. Attempting to transfer has been a complete nightmare. It has been more than six weeks and Keiser still is unable to complete the necessary changes to my financial aid package and they will not release my transcript to my new school. It is nearly impossible to speak to a knowledgeable person. They are either not in the office, at lunch or unavailable. No one has voicemail, not even the Dean! How can no one at a university have voicemail? You can leave a message with the person that answers the phone but your calls are never returned. It certainly tells me something about their level of professionalism. I am now forced to file a complaint with the Federal Student Aid School Participation Team who will hopefully eventually straighten out this mess. I will however miss an entire semester thanks to their incompetence and/or indifference. Keiser University has no interest in helping once they found out I was transferring. I am sure a reputable school would have taken care of this in a timely fashion. Run away! You'll never regret it.
1st Year Male -- Class 2014
Faculty Accessibility: B, Individual Value: F
I attended Keiser just after they obtained UniversityQuite BrightNuclear Engineering
I attended Keiser just after they obtained University status in 2006 for Diagnostic Medical Ultrasound. It was three quarters through our educational program when we were told by the director of Ultrasound that Keiser failed to get their certification to teach ultrasound, however they found a loop hole that allows them to teach it under the licensing of x ray licensure. I was as other in other rotations were singled out by the teacher and bullied. My grades ranged from Deans list at 3.86 GPA to 3.25. In agreeance with the other student comments, I was told one set of specific rules, and treated by another. When I complained, nothing was done. I felt singled out because of my religon as was a woman in the prior rotation. However I have to give credit to the amount of knowledge received and retained is more than most teach. Unfortunately other colleges and universities will not transfer most of these credits. This university does not do research papers, this is what other universities are looking for when qualifying credit for credit to transfer. The cost was 3 times more than the community college in the next county. Nervous breakdowns are a common thing in the nursing and other medical programs.
2nd Year Female -- Class 2007