StudentsReview :: Keiser University Ft Lauderdale - Comments and Student Experiences

Keiser University Ft Lauderdale

If you go to this College good luckQuite BrightPsychology
If you go to this College good luck transferring your credits to a well established University. Not only will you be in debt but your credits will not transfer to FSU, UCF, USF or other established schools. They will only transfer to garbage private schools like Everest. Go to a community college instead. You will save money and plus most of them have agreements with the Universities to automatically accept you after you finish the community college.
1st Year Female -- Class 2019
I am posting this for anyone who isBusiness - Management and Administration
I am posting this for anyone who is considering attending Keiser University's online program in the hopes that they will consider other universities so they won't end up in the situation I am in currently. I just completed my business degree program with Keiser and come to find out that they will not release my transcripts nor my degree until I pay them a $2k balance which my student loans / financial aid did not cover while I was in school. This would be okay, if this had been communicated to me when I was solicited by their aggressive telemarketers to attend Keiser back in early 2011. What these telemarketers tell you is that you are required to pay $50 per month while you are attending school and that student loans and financial aid will cover the rest of your tuition. Now I'm in a position where I owe $60k in student loans which I'm going to have to start paying on in 6 months, but cannot pursue a decent paying job because they will not release my degree or transcripts. The other thing I would like to mention is that nobody from the school will get back with you if you have a concern. This has happened to me frequently over the last 3.5 years. I emailed the dean on this matter and she just ignores it and will not even reply. If you are considering attending Keiser, looking back, I would suggest you look into other schools that are more affordable. For the most part, the instructors are decent, but now that I'm finished there, I feel like I paid for a Cadillac and received a Chevy Cobalt.
Having previously worked at Keiser it can sayQuite BrightOther
Having previously worked at Keiser it can say it was a real eye opening experience into the world of higher education. Private schools like Keiser are nothing more than for profit businesses disguised as colleges. In admissions we literally sign contracts (goal sheets) each month saying that we will enroll a certain number of students and if we don't we are pretty much written up and if it continues to happen and we don't make our goals 3 months in a row we are out the door? FIRED! Based on that kind of pressure in admissions most counselors say anything to get students to enroll as they see them as nothing more than a number towards their monthly goal. The motto of Keiser might be ?students first? but in admissions it's ?students first for three days? because after three days of sitting in class the student is responsible financially for the entire semester and we can then wash our hands of them and move on.

There are no standards as Keiser will accept anybody who can pay the $200 enrollment fee and make it through financial aid. Yes, I did say $200 enrollment fee! (most colleges only charge $25 or $35 for an application fee? Keiser charges $200) Certain medical programs have entrance tests score you need to get to make it into the core but even if you don't hit the score needed the admissions counselor will tell you to enroll into some other major, take your general education classes then try retaking the test every 60 days until you earn the score you need. It?s all about getting you to sit in class to get your money and count as an enrollment for them. It sickens me what goes on in admissions. Keiser literally hires Spanish speaking admissions reps just to talk to students & their parents 100% in Spanish to get them to enroll then they'd end up in class not speaking English! There are no standards with Keiser. I could write a book about the shit I?ve seen here. Tuition at Keiser is about $8000 per semester so if you add that up you are looking at around $40,000 for an associate's degree which is crazy! You can go to any state school for a faction of that amount.

Also on paper the way Keiser does the classes sounds good as it breaks down as follows: At a traditional college like UCF a semester is 4 months and most students take 4 classes in those 4 months. You may have 1 class that meets MWF from 9-1, a second class that meets Monday night class from 6-10, a third class meeting on Tues-Thurs class from 8-10 and a forth class meeting on Tues-Thurs from 1-3 and for four months that would be your schedule then it will change to something different the next semester. At Keiser the admissions reps tells students a semester is 4 months and you will do 4 classes in a semester but rather than juggle all 4 classes at once like a traditional school here at Keiser you will be in one class for a month then your next class for a month, then your next class for a month, and then your next class for a month. This way you are still doing 4 classes per semester but rather than having to split your attention between four classes all at once you can focus on one class at a time. When you say it like that it sounds good but honestly you can't learn a subject in one month. One month long classes teach the students practically nothing as its just memorize the material and regurgitate it back. A student needs 4 months, a full traditional semester to truly slow down and learn/comprehend material not 1 month.

As it relates to money here each class costs about $2000 and that totals up to $8000 per semester. Many students do not understand financial aid and think it's all play money which isn't the case. If you drop a class you still have to pay for it. If you fail a class you still have to pay for it. If you drop out you still have to pay for the full semester as Keiser bills by the semester not the individual course or credit hour.

I could go on and on about everything from the phone script when you call the school, the interview process to the books constantly changing on a monthly basis so that students can't sell their used text books to new students but my advice is simple and it is to stay far far away from private for profit schools like Keiser and attend a public university/college.

3rd Year Female -- Class 2012