StudentsReview :: Keiser University Ft Lauderdale - Comments and Student Experiences

Keiser University Ft Lauderdale

If you go to this College good luckQuite BrightPsychology
If you go to this College good luck transferring your credits to a well established University. Not only will you be in debt but your credits will not transfer to FSU, UCF, USF or other established schools. They will only transfer to garbage private schools like Everest. Go to a community college instead. You will save money and plus most of them have agreements with the Universities to automatically accept you after you finish the community college.
1st Year Female -- Class 2019
I am posting this for anyone who isBusiness - Management and Administration
I am posting this for anyone who is considering attending Keiser University's online program in the hopes that they will consider other universities so they won't end up in the situation I am in currently. I just completed my business degree program with Keiser and come to find out that they will not release my transcripts nor my degree until I pay them a $2k balance which my student loans / financial aid did not cover while I was in school. This would be okay, if this had been communicated to me when I was solicited by their aggressive telemarketers to attend Keiser back in early 2011. What these telemarketers tell you is that you are required to pay $50 per month while you are attending school and that student loans and financial aid will cover the rest of your tuition. Now I'm in a position where I owe $60k in student loans which I'm going to have to start paying on in 6 months, but cannot pursue a decent paying job because they will not release my degree or transcripts. The other thing I would like to mention is that nobody from the school will get back with you if you have a concern. This has happened to me frequently over the last 3.5 years. I emailed the dean on this matter and she just ignores it and will not even reply. If you are considering attending Keiser, looking back, I would suggest you look into other schools that are more affordable. For the most part, the instructors are decent, but now that I'm finished there, I feel like I paid for a Cadillac and received a Chevy Cobalt.
For the most part, my experience at KeiserAverageCriminal
For the most part, my experience at Keiser University was not too bad. I did have some good professors that really tried to help the student learn the course material. The problem I had with the university was that the cost for tuition was very very high and when you called to inquire about something you never seemed to get into contact with someone that can really help you. I also felt that the course work was very easy and sometimes I even wondered if the professors really read the assignments or just assigned you a grade. I was an online student and did not live in the state where the university was located, so I really do not know how this university is looked at in the community, however all internet research I have done, I could never find anything good that has been said about the university. I was original a BA student, however after finishing my lower level course, I decided to just graduate and move on because I did not want a $60,000 or higher student loan when I was finished. Know that I have changed my mind and decided to leave the school; I seem to be running into problems with the university taking their sweet time evaluating my transcript. Also if you ever want to get a copy of your transcript, good luck, the university plays stupid games with you to keep you from getting your hands on them. I guess they think you are looking at other universities, so you have to jump through a million hoops just to get a copy. Another problem with Keiser University is that you will rack up huge alternative loan debt, because student loans will not cover the cost of the tuition. Anyone considering this university please look around for a cheaper alternative, because there are many other universities available that are way cheaper and have a better reputation.
2nd Year Male -- Class 2008