StudentsReview ™ :: Nova Southeastern University - Comments and Student Experiences

Florida Atlantic University -- Boca Raton, FL
Yale University -- New Haven, CT

Nova Southeastern University

The fort myers campus sucks

Mar 12 2014Nursing
The fort myers campus sucks. There are about a million rules they are very strict about everything. The skills lab reuses a lot of medical stuff which sucks. The clinical instructors can be really rude depending on who you get. The student life is boring and isn't much of one here. If I could go back in time I'd go to a completely different nursing school.
1st Year Female -- Class 2015
Scholastic Success: A-, Collaboration/Competitive: F

The campus is beautiful, but after only a

Mar 03 2014Perfomance Arts
The campus is beautiful, but after only a year here, I'm ready to transfer. This was my last-second safety school that I applied to in May with a 2.8 HS GPA and a 1690 on my SATs (never took the ACTs). I consider myself a pretty intelligent person but I slacked off in high school. Still, NOVA will take anyone who gives the money. I chose it after my parents rejected my spending $40-60k a year on a better school. While this school isn't AS expensive as those others, it's not worth the price. Just most of the gen ed classes make me feel like I'm in 10th grade all over again. I've started an essay writing business because no jobs are available on campus that aren't working food service and most kids here are clueless when it comes to writing essays anyway. The food is pretty awful, and all of the places with quality/healthy food have the shortest hours. Hell, the only places open after 8pm are a bad pizza place and Starbucks. If you're hungry after midnight, you better hope you have a car or know someone who does. There are virtually no good events. They can barely meet their quota on incoming students. They pull money out of you every time they get the chance and give you virtually nothing in return. This school is a sad waste of money.
Campus Aesthetics: A+, Individual Value: F

Great school, the faculty is very helpful, the

Feb 26 2014Accounting
Great school, the faculty is very helpful, the facilities are beautiful and very clean. The library is a wonderful place to study. Technology speaking, this school is very advanced. There are tutors, counselors and many people to talk to when needed. My parents had no problem talking to faculty. I love this school and I'm very happy. The school has shuttles that take the students to Fort Lauderdale and the train station/airport.
1st Year Male -- Class 2017