StudentsReview :: Pensacola Christian College - Comments and Student Experiences

Bob Jones University -- Greenville, SC
Liberty University -- Lynchburg, VA
Indiana University -- Bloomington, IN

Pensacola Christian College

May 22 2014Business - Management and Administration

PCC is a laughable attempt at an institute of higher learning. Really sad.

Starting Job: Deli Assistant Preparedness: D+ Reputation: F

The year I spent attending PCC was the

Jun 12 2014Design Arts - Industrial Design/Graphic Design/etc
The year I spent attending PCC was the worse year of my life. The campus feels more like a prison than a college. There is a fence with razor wire enclosing the entire campus. They make you go to bed by 11pm every night, even on weekends, no matter what homework projects you may may be working on, no matter what, no exceptions, unless you want demerits. They love to give demerits there and everyone is encouraged to be a snitch. They make you go to chapel church services every single day, and some days you have to go to church more than once, the only exception is if you are sick enough to be in the infirmary. They make you attend a formal dinner every night and make you dress up for dinner too. They also require the students to dress up for all morning classes, no matter what the class was too. Women have to wear a dress or skirt and hose most of the time. The men and women have their own elevators, must not be together in isolated areas, cannot swim together, even at the beach. They have separated beaches for the men and women. You aren't allowed to have any music by a contemporary artist or anything with even the slightest beat. You aren't allowed to have your own opinions about anything and creativity and individuality is totally stifled. This was not a good recipe for being a successful artist. They do not prepare you for the real world unless you want to work at and be totally immersed in a strict, judgmental and very dogmatic church for your whole life. Do not attend this school. Run as far away from it as you can.
1st Year Female -- Class 1990
Perceived Campus Safety: A+, Education Quality: F

I went here because I didn't believe it

Apr 25 2014Religion/Religious
I went here because I didn't believe it could really be "that bad." I wanted a religious education and the price was right. All I could afford actually.

I got what I paid for.
My education in general subjects was sub-par and had a conservative bias (and I am conservative).
I took one math class, two history classes, and 0 science classes.
The religious education was very shallow. The doctrines class uses the same(slightly tweaked) book as the 10th graders who use the A Abeka curriculum.

I understand wanting to give every student the opportunity to take the religion classes but it should be separate classes from those majoring on it.

Additionally, you were taught and allowed one point of view. Only very minor disagreements theologically were tolerated. For example, I didn't ask a question about Calvinistic theology until my senior year (school adamantly against it-me not so against it) for fear of being accused of "proselytizing" and being kicked out.

It stunts your own personal growth and ability to develop your own ideas.
I was given and indoctrination. Not an education.
With that said, I love many of the faculty members. Most of the time they were understanding and willing to go over tests and projects with you. Most of them were generally nice, competent people. But they could only teach the party line.

I do not recommend the school.
The education (except their nursing program) is sub-par.
Their accreditation is abnormal making it difficult to transfer anything.
The atmosphere can be suffocating.
I made it with the help of good friends and just gritting my teeth. --I didn't leave because I wanted to finish what I had started.

Preparedness: F Reputation: F