Pensacola Christian College
Pensacola Christian College - Comments and Student Experiences|
Here are some rumors vs. truths:
1) PCC does not have separate side walks for boys and girls
2) They do have separate elevators and staircases but it is legitimately because of traffic. Sometimes you have thirty people in one elevator with NO room to move. I don't want to stand that close to the opposite gender 'ya get me?
3) Girls no longer have to wear pantyhose
4) The classes you take in your freshmen year are not an accurate picture of your major. For the majority of freshmen year you're getting your gen. ed. done.
5) You do have to take a Bible class every semester
6) You will not get kicked out for saying hello to the opposite gender in public
7) You could get in trouble for purposely meeting up off campus all sneaky like
8) There is a girls side of the beach and and boy's side of a beach
9) You should NOT walk anywhere near the school if you can help it. (The intimidate neighborhood is pretty decent but after that it can get kinda sketch.)
10) Girls must always be in groups of two off campus, and at least a group of three at the beach. Boys can go off alone but shouldn't.
11) It is possible to go an entire year without getting into trouble (I had 0/100 possible demerits. And I'm not exactly a stickler for the rules.)
One of the odd things about the school is how many people are in each room. There are four people in a single room then there is a bathroom, on the other side of the bathroom is another room with another four people. So eight people one shower and one toilet. But if you develop a schedule then it's really not that bad. And the bathrooms are pretty large. The people in your room/sweet can easily become your best friends (even if you want to strangle each other sometimes.)
There's actually a really good social life too. You get to join a collegian during your second week of school. The collegians are separated into boy and girl collegians and so the people in your collegian become like sister/brothers. You also have prayer group three times a week so when you're struggling with things you can bring it to the group and you can all pray about it together, it really is a nice support. There are also a few outings each semester there are a few dating outings and a few just for fun outing like going to baseball games, or kayaking, or watching hockey.The school has two major sports teams as well with a basketball team and a new soccer team and it's a lot of fun to go to the games with your friends. (The games where we face off with BobJones are the best.)
The most important thing to remember at PCC is that you'll get out what you put in. If you decide you want to be there you're going to have a wonderful time. If you're just going because you HAVE to then you will be miserable. Even if you're going because you HAVE to you can decide that you're going to enjoy your college life.
So for anyone considering PCC:
1) Pray about it
2) Have a good attitude even thought not everything is the way you want it to be.
3) Focus on enjoying the college experience (even midterms can give you good memories!)Hope I helped! Sorry for the odd formatting!