StudentsReview :: Southwest Florida College - Comments and Student Experiences

Eckerd College -- St. Petersburg, FL
Florida Memorial College -- Miami, FL

Southwest Florida College

I have been attending Southwest Florida College forQuite BrightCriminal
I have been attending Southwest Florida College for almost 3 years and have come to find out that the degrees ( that's right) degrees as in multiple are not worth the paper they are printed on. I have worked hard and was told that when I was ready that the degrees I had earned would be accepted at all major universities so that I could continue my education and get a masters degree. I have applied to 13 separate schools and have fail to be accepted by any of them because they do not accept degrees from nationally accredited schools. If I had known this when I start SWFC I would have gone to a different university. So now for me to attend a major university I must start a year behind and retake some of the classes and take other that where not provided by this school(if you can call it that). If you are looking into furthering your education after high school or are wanting to get a college degree that is worth something I would recommend finding a different institution whether it be a community college or a major university.
3rd Year Female -- Class 2013
Perceived Campus Safety: B, Education Quality: F
I do not understand why Mr.Not so bright
I do not understand why Mr. Teal was fired in the middle of the term? Even though the "STAFF" is saying that he walked out. Also why did The head of the IT deparment also leave in the middle of the term? Also why have there also been a few other insuctors that left in the middle of the term? And then you have some instutors that are staying tell the end of the term, but are JUMPING SHIP when the term ends. CAN SOMEONE AT THE SCHOOL RESPOND. Just calling a meeting and talking about it is one thing. But I would like to see what ever "they" have to say in wrighting. I know there is talk about the CJ program being cut. Even though the staff is saying it is not. So the term that will start in sept. They will have the CJ program, but what about the term after that. Also the school should stop blamming the economy and "they" should take a look at what they are doing to the school. If the "staff" keeps doing what they are doing, I can see in 6 months that the school here in fort myers closing. And they the school does not even own the building. Anyway everyone have a great day and have fun.
2nd Year Male -- Class 2012
Faculty Accessibility: B-, Social Life: F
I was young and dumb, I did notBrightDesign Arts - Industrial Design/Graphic Design/etc
I was young and dumb, I did not realise what a for-profit school is all about. I went in to simply receive information and a tour, but was immediately signed up and had loan papers completed. I felt like I was just sold an overpriced vacuum by a pushy salesman, but I was in shock with excitement and went with it. Once in it was too easy, the course work seemed very basic and the teachers weren't even teachers. I had a meeting with a young blonde registrar to discuss going part time due to work schedule conflicts. She suggested I simply cut my Wednesday class for that semester and the meeting was quickly ended, I was assured this was ok so I did so. The following semester began without me as my financial aid was temporarily withheld due to lack of credit hours required. I explained to the main registrar what the other had told me but all I received was a "sorry about your luck" attitude. She asked me for $750 cash to reinstate my aid. At that very moment I realised the true objective of these fake schools that prey on the naive. I laughed in her face and walked out, thankfully with just a tad over 6k owed. I followed up by writing a letter to the school president and was met with no response. I'll admit, I was totally down with getting a fast, easy degree, it was a blast burning through the course work and amazing fake teachers with my intellect and creativity, but I had no idea I was dealing with crooks and was about to get burned.
1st Year Male -- Class 2012