StudentsReview ™ :: St Petersburg College - Comments and Student Experiences

St Petersburg College

I'm at SPC and currently in pre-nursing

Dec 19 2013Nursing
I'm at SPC and currently in pre-nursing. I personally think SPC is a great place to attend. I'm going to the Gibbs campus and having a beyond wonderful experience. So far I've been to both financial aid office and administration. They're usually fairly nice, but can be very busy at times. Overall I would defiantly recommend to go there.
Campus Aesthetics: A+, University Resource Use: F

As a current student here earning my associates

Jan 09 2013Unknown
As a current student here earning my associates degree I would not recommend the school at all. I am transferring next semester for graduate school.The staff is as helpful as they can be but the number of students is far too large for anyone to be noticed. I have never had a class less than 50 people.Every time you need to sit with a counselor expect to wait at least an hour and financial aide is very strict and lengthy. I regret trying to save money by going here for 2 years.
2nd Year Female -- Class 2013
Useful Schoolwork: A, Individual Value: F

I paid 3 times the cost of tuition

Nov 29 2012Music Education
I paid 3 times the cost of tuition as an out-if- state resident for a Music Fundamentals class, non-credit, for personal enrichment.

I already have multiple degrees in the biological sciences and I also instructed in the military.
The instructor is a good musician, but did not prepare lessons.
I emailed him saying he should respect his students time but preparing his lesson and he would not run out of time to cover important material.

He answered saying if iI did not like his teaching to talk to the department chair.

1st Year Female -- Class 2016