StudentsReview ™ :: Saint Leo University - Comments and Student Experiences

Saint Mary's College of California -- Moraga, CA
Saint Thomas University -- Miami, FL
Saint Joseph College -- West Hartford, CT

Saint Leo University

I slacked off in high school, so I

Jan 16 2014Political Science
I slacked off in high school, so I ended up at St. Leo. Upon touring St. Leo, visitors are greeted by beautiful trees and great landscaping, which can be very captivating to parents. This school is a joke. The people living on campus are so bad. I have never come across more arrogant and stuck up brats in my life.

There is nothing to do here but sit and stare at the wall, do drugs or get drunk. I wish I had never come here. The girls here are terrible, people use you, people are crazy, and most lack social skills. There are a lot of homosexuals here, I have nothing against them at all but I have noticed an abundance of them. The 'international' kids stand outside of one of the classroom buildings and chain smoke cigarettes like it's cool again.

The teachers are terrible. Most of them do not plan class out and just 'wing it'. I have an English teacher who cannot even get full sentences out of her mouth. The University decided it was time to start writing more papers and has made every class write a lot of papers. Too many papers, I'm not exaggerating one bit. My advisor has changed three times without my knowledge.

Campus Living is terrible. The school advertises to every Catholic school in the nation attracting a particular crowd. These people are snotty and don't socialize. Everyone is glued to their cellphones, and ignore the rest of the world. 90% of the people you pass are wearing headphones. I mean come on, how can you live life listening to music on your iPhone all day? I hate the way the world is moving, especially with technology and how stupid people use it. Tune in with the world people it's actually quite interesting once and a while. You're just gonna love the person you become here.

2nd Year Male -- Class 2018
Campus Aesthetics: A+, Faculty Accessibility: F

I enjoyed many aspects

Jan 07 2014Education
I enjoyed many aspects of my total experiences with Saint Leo University.
I have three degrees in total from Saint Leo and they are listed below:

Bachelor of Arts in Business Administration
Bachelor of Science in Computer Information SystemsMasters of Arts in Educational Leadership

Starting Job: Teacher Preparedness: B- Reputation: B

I am on On-line student that wil graduate

Dec 09 2013Business - Management and Administration
I am on On-line student that wil graduate this year.
I WILL CONTINUE TO FIND OPPORTUNITIES TO SHARE MY OVERALL DISAPPOINTMENT WITH SLU AND P;AN TO REGISTER MY CONCERNS TO THE ACCREDITATION ASSOICIATION

Student advisors are useful in the first and last term; ONLY!!
Adminsitation and faculty are not responsive and appear to just go through the motions. Syallabus and learning modules provide conflicting information. Coursework is often simplistic and the derrived skills are dis-appointing. This has been brought to the attention to the universty staff and the non-chalance reflected in the replies (if you get them) is very disconcerting.

The 8 week term is the strongest attribute of the University followed by the on-line payment system and registration system. (They will get their money!!)

It appears that the code of ethics applies only to the students.
Custom textbooks are costly and are thinly vieled attempts to get professors published.If SLU is representative of all of the hype associated with higher education then we are in a sad stated of affairs.

4th Year Male -- Class 2013