StudentsReview :: Saint Leo University - Comments and Student Experiences

Saint Joseph College -- West Hartford, CT

Saint Leo University

The school itself was

May 16 2014Other
The school itself was... okay. However, the social life sucked. Everyone seemed the same: extremely self-oriented. A lot of kids who come here are pretty greedy, and coniving. Guys are crazy selfish, while the chicks were super arrogant and manipulative. Almost as if most of the people fit the negative stereotype of "rich college kids". It came to the point whereas I would judge students by how they carried themselves. And mot to my surprise, many fulfilled my skepticism concerning the matter. Pretty ironic since we live in a society that constantly pressures us not to do so. The social system also seemed very cliquish. If something went wrong with two people, someone was going to get dropped from the entire group like an old broken computer or something. I felt like no one cared about anything but themselves and themselves alone. I dont want to be like that, so I will pursue my life's development elsewhere. However, to each his own. Goodluck. TBWSP.
1st Year Male -- Class 2017
Campus Aesthetics: A+, University Resource Use: F

The classroom format I liked, but sadly that

Jun 10 2014Business - Management and Administration
The classroom format I liked, but sadly that is the only positive about this school. Staff are rude and unhelpful. The university makes you jump through hoops for the most trivial requests. For example, I am filling out AMCAS for medical school application. Because I took a few classes with Saint Leo, I need to enter that information into my application. I simply need an unofficial transcript in order to see the class names and grades. For all other schools I've attended, this has been easy to obtain. I can either log in and view online, or they promptly sent me a copy via e-mail. Saint Leo's primitive method of attaining this simple information has brought my progress to a screeching halt. I have to wait for it to come via snail mail, as this is the only method they use. Also, they do not print unofficial transcripts, the only way for me to view it is to have another official transcript (with fee of course) sent to my house. Every person I talked to about it was extremely rude. In addition, when I tried to drop a class I was having computer difficulties. I sent a request to their helpdesk (I was not in the country and unable to call) a week before the drop deadline. I did not get a response until the day after the deadline (of course). Any attempts to address the situation were met with the same incredibly rude, uncaring response I received with my transcript request. I can't believe an educational institution is run this way. The best decision I've made about my education was to stop attending this school once I realized what a sham it is. I hope to save you the trouble. Please keep searching for a quality school, this is not it.
1st Year Male -- Class 2014
Campus Aesthetics: A, Education Quality: F

I slacked off in high school, so I

Jan 16 2014Political Science
I slacked off in high school, so I ended up at St. Leo. Upon touring St. Leo, visitors are greeted by beautiful trees and great landscaping, which can be very captivating to parents. This school is a joke. The people living on campus are so bad. I have never come across more arrogant and stuck up brats in my life.

There is nothing to do here but sit and stare at the wall, do drugs or get drunk. I wish I had never come here. The girls here are terrible, people use you, people are crazy, and most lack social skills. There are a lot of homosexuals here, I have nothing against them at all but I have noticed an abundance of them. The 'international' kids stand outside of one of the classroom buildings and chain smoke cigarettes like it's cool again.

The teachers are terrible. Most of them do not plan class out and just 'wing it'. I have an English teacher who cannot even get full sentences out of her mouth. The University decided it was time to start writing more papers and has made every class write a lot of papers. Too many papers, I'm not exaggerating one bit. My advisor has changed three times without my knowledge.

Campus Living is terrible. The school advertises to every Catholic school in the nation attracting a particular crowd. These people are snotty and don't socialize. Everyone is glued to their cellphones, and ignore the rest of the world. 90% of the people you pass are wearing headphones. I mean come on, how can you live life listening to music on your iPhone all day? I hate the way the world is moving, especially with technology and how stupid people use it. Tune in with the world people it's actually quite interesting once and a while. You're just gonna love the person you become here.

2nd Year Male -- Class 2018