StudentsReview :: Saint Leo University - Graduate (MS/PhD) Ratings

Total Grad Surveys 13
Females 5
Males 8
Avg years at University 1.8
Research Quality B- (6.2)
Research Availability B- (6.4)
Research Funding B- (5.8)
Graduate Politics B (6.7)
Errand Runners B (7.0)
Degree Completion B (7.0)
Alternative pay [ta/gsi] B (7.2)
Sufficient Pay B (6.9)
Competitiveness B (6.7)
Education Quality B (7.0)
Faculty Accessibility B (7.1)
Useful Research B (6.6)
"Individual" treatment B (7.1)
Friendliness B+ (7.7)
Safety B (7.3)
Campus Beauty B- (6.3)
Campus Maintenance C+ (5.4)
University Resource/spending B- (6.5)
Extracurriculars C+ (5.6)
Success-Understanding B (7.2)
Surrounding City C (4.5)
Social Life/Environment C (4.5)
Surrounding CityC
I TOTALLY agree with the previous student andDec 31 2013Other
I TOTALLY agree with the previous student and all the negative reviews! I do not even know where to start... I will continue to bash this school and find every avenue to bash them. I had several issues including a trumped up case. Going in I thought it was a a highly regarded university; however, it only took four classes to see how backward this school really is!

Looking back I wished I could have read the reviews of the school, before wasting so much money on tution! Also I had chosen the school for their military program, but it is not the only university with a highly regarded military program. Four classes costs over $8,000! The MBA program itself was okay, I do not feel that I really leave knowing much more than I had known going in. The professors think that they are God, and yes you are at their will, but most have doctorate degree and really useless! They want you to ask them questions, but then they turn it around to make you look stupid for asking the question. I understand that a online class is focused more around the student learning the subject on their own, all my undergraduate degrees were completely online and I do love the format (hence why I had originally chosen this school), but the professors do not seem to care when you have a question or need clarification. Some were late on grading the assignments and not attentive to the student's needs. Also when you have a issue there is too many people and not getting the issue resolved. Like the saying too many chiefs and not enough indians. Yet the secretaries and receptionists that you do get are just as useless as the people with docorates are! No one seems to know what is going on! My recommendations would be for the professors is to get their heads straight, quit counting your large paychecks and help the students who are the ones funding your bank account. Prospective students do your research about different universities. This is a terrible university inside and out! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

The graduate program was a disasterJun 13 2012Accounting
The graduate program was a disaster. So I stopped with the program. Hard to contact professors. Never given passwords to open material online in some cases. Counselors were useless, just said sorry wait til next semester maybe the class will get its act together. University does not help students find jobs like other colleges. Totally diploma mill! It's all about the money in my opinion.
I just completed myAug 16 2011Criminal
I just completed my Masters degree on line at Saint leo university with their new Critical Incident Management course and would like to say it was extremely helpful and useful in todays world. I truly feel more confident and ahead of my peers after receiving my masters in the Criminal Justice area.
I'm a graduate student of Saint Leo's onlineJul 18 2011Criminal
I'm a graduate student of Saint Leo's online criminal justice program, due to finish the program in May 2012. I can't say one bad thing about the program or faculty. If I had a question for the Director of the CJ program, the response was provided the next day; to include my thesis topic and accelerated program. The professors are highly educated/experienced and provide great help. The classes aren't very big as to be expected in graduate programs. The courses within the program are awesome, some are not as intense as others, but then again I really enjoy working for my education. It seems some people think an online education is just there for appearances or something. There are actually some online programs that are more intense than regular brick and mortar programs. I guess I've been blessed in my online program experiences.
Research Topic(s): In six months
Real good school that stressed the focus onOct 04 2010Business - Management and Administration
Real good school that stressed the focus on quality of research, as well as promoting the university's research agenda. Overall, nice setting to do an MBA and it gives people a chance to escape the big city and relax down in FL. There is something to be said about writing papers while looking over a lake and lush, green grass...
Sep 01 2010Business - Management and Administration
love the school. im in the mba online program and could not be happier.
Oct 06 2008Business - Management and Administration
The school is out to make money by having you take the same class at least twice without any type of mentoring support.
Sep 23 2008Business - Management and Administration
The school makes money by having students take the same course more than one time.
Biggest rip-off!Sep 23 2008Business - Management and Administration
Biggest rip-off! If you never had accounting/finance, expect to take it at least 3 times before obtaining a passing grade. In addition, do not expect the instructor to help. Essentially, this makes the school more money because you have to take the same course over and over again.
Sep 23 2008Business - Management and Administration
Instructors at this school will not and do not help students despite the number of request made.
Compare SLUSave SLU

According to NPR, the cost of college tuition an... more→