StudentsReview :: Stetson University - Comments and Student Experiences

Elon University -- Elon College, NC
Rollins College -- Winter Park, FL

Stetson University

Stetson has gone down in quality (small class

Aug 17 2012Psychology
Stetson has gone down in quality (small class room sizes, teacher to student ration, student resources, residential housing) but has increased its tuition by 2,000 each year. By the time you're a senior Stetson has already raised your tuition by 6,000 (while your scholarships have remained stagnant). Your counterparts in public universities like uf, unf, and ucf will be making the same salary as you when you graduate minus all the student loans. For me, I chose a private university because I like small class room sizes, being able to talk to my teachers, and choosing classes that I want. But now Stetson is like a big university without the nice buildings and ALOT of student loans. There is also a lack of diversity in the student population and nearly NOTHING to do on the weekends. Unless you like that small town stuff, you'll be finding yourself in Orlando on the weekend - Stetson is a ghost town on weekends! I was really in love with Stetson my freshman and sophomore year a and I was proud to be a hatter but now I'm disappointed in it and understand why so many of Stetson's Alumnae don't donate to the annual fund.
3rd Year Female -- Class 2013
Friendliness: A, University Resource Use: D

The campus and community

Nov 15 2011Communications
The campus and community is a place for learning. That is really the only thing you can ask for. It is not over crowded, making all of the faulty is accessible. With the resources offered by the university, just about anyone can excel and succeed here if he/she puts in the time and effort.
2nd Year Male -- Class 2014
Campus Aesthetics: A+, Innovation: C

Snooze snooze snooze(I'm only doing the comments)

Jan 31 2013Accounting
Snooze snooze snooze(I'm only doing the comments). Look, I was like you. I didn't know how colleges worked. Well, they are like businesses. Every one of them. Don't believe me yet? It's just the truth, even if you don't want to see it yet.

Stetson breaks down to this, as of today. The faculty are nice, smart, occasionally funny...good! The students are...youll find enough good people. So you'll get over that, ok? The administration is money grubbing-COMPLETELY! But, every college does that so legit go home school yourself if you don't like every college in the world abusing your wallet/loan.

You'll learn, it costs a couple thousand dollars... Lol. But you get over it. Try not to get the details, Stetson is livable. You get the education. Just gloss over every expense 10000 times before you say "ok okay steetson let's go for a whirl"

Again,
You'll get good teachers n stuff
ok the dorms suckey-stay in one overnight please because-oh THE TOURS ARE A LIIIIIE (portal reference) it's kinda sad because they are students who I know who are cool but have to feed the ad nauseum.

Sorry
You'll find friends
You'll have fun
You'll get that education
You can always ask for MORE, but the thing is that I have yet to find a non ivy league in the area who has all the beach, theme park, palm trees like here. Haha... If you only knew. You won't think to trust just my words, but you'll see only these words are truthful.So get off my back Stetson! I exposed you, praised you, and dished you properly. (good luck little juniors!)