StudentsReview ™ :: Stetson University - Comments and Student Experiences

Rollins College -- Winter Park, FL

Stetson University

I landed my dream

Dec 09 2010Business - Management and Administration
I landed my dream job after going to Stetson. I am actually working out of Michigan, and while the name is not well-known up here, my work-ethic stemmed from the lessons I attended at Stetson. I would not be where I am today without a little luck, and my college education.
Starting Job: Assistant Media Planner Preparedness: A Reputation: D

Stetson is a great school to attend

Dec 09 2010Business - Management and Administration
Stetson is a great school to attend. The only possible downside would be that the name is not well known outside of FL. But there are many opportunities granted by career services to get you into great internship that will drive up your resume.

Stetson is the perfect place for a student who doesn't want to get lost in a crowd but still wants to be challenged.

For me personally most of the teachers in the business school cared about their students and offered them many chances beyond the classroom to learn. One of the best things about the faculty is many of their presentations aren't as "canned" as I would have expected.The best piece of advice I could give would be to take chances to travel abroad (Stetson offers a variety).

4th Year Female -- Class 2010
Education Quality: A+, Collaboration/Competitive: C+

When I was looking at colleges I heard

Jul 21 2010Biology
When I was looking at colleges I heard great things about Stetson's biology department and so far I have not been disappointed. Actually, it is even better than I expected. I love my biology classes and all of my professors.

Besides the biology department I have never had a problem with any other professor either. Sure there have been some that I have liked less than others... but thats natural.

The most important thing to me is that I am a NAME, not a number. I see my professors outside class ALL THE TIME and I always at least say hello, and usually stop and have a full conversation.

The only complaint I do have abot Stetson is sometimes I wish we had more dining options. Which, actually I have heard that they are adding more this summer. SO thats exciting!

2nd Year Female -- Class 2012