StudentsReview :: Stetson University - Comments and Student Experiences

Rollins College -- Winter Park, FL

Stetson University

Dec 09 2010Business - Management and Administration
Major Salary, Salary Trend, Satisfaction, Unemployment
Stetson is a great school to attend. The only possible downside would be that the name is not well known outside of FL. But there are many opportunities granted by career services to get you into great internship that will drive up your resume.

Stetson is the perfect place for a student who doesn't want to get lost in a crowd but still wants to be challenged.

For me personally most of the teachers in the business school cared about their students and offered them many chances beyond the classroom to learn. One of the best things about the faculty is many of their presentations aren't as "canned" as I would have expected.The best piece of advice I could give would be to take chances to travel abroad (Stetson offers a variety).

4th Year Female -- Class 2010
Education Quality: A+, Collaboration/Competitive: C+
Jul 21 2010Biology
Major Salary, Salary Trend, Satisfaction, Unemployment
When I was looking at colleges I heard great things about Stetson's biology department and so far I have not been disappointed. Actually, it is even better than I expected. I love my biology classes and all of my professors.

Besides the biology department I have never had a problem with any other professor either. Sure there have been some that I have liked less than others... but thats natural.

The most important thing to me is that I am a NAME, not a number. I see my professors outside class ALL THE TIME and I always at least say hello, and usually stop and have a full conversation.

The only complaint I do have abot Stetson is sometimes I wish we had more dining options. Which, actually I have heard that they are adding more this summer. SO thats exciting!

2nd Year Female -- Class 2012
Scholastic Success: A+, Useful Schoolwork: F
Jul 21 2010PreVet and Veterinary
Major Salary, Salary Trend, Satisfaction, Unemployment
Stetson is small, but what we lack in size we make up for in academics, student involvement, a beautiful campus and amazing faculty-student relationships. Stetson is not a party school. If you're hoping to party and be crazy all the time and attempt to take easy classes scheduled around your social life, this is not the school for you. If you actually want to be challenged and receive an amazing education- this IS the school for you. The course work is time consuming and requires a lot effort, but its worth it (at least for me).

The biology department is my absolute favorite thing about Stetson!!!! I love our professors and I have honestly enjoyed every single biology class I have taken so far. I love walking down the hallway and knowing where EVERY PROFESSOR'S office is, and that they are willing to stop what they are doing and help me for a few minutes, without an appointment! Even professors whom I have never actually had class with before have helped me when I really needed it (try getting that kind of personal attention at a larger public school!).

We're not JUST about academics though (we're not a bunch of nerds!) As a Stetson Student you don't just attend classes and take tests. We are encouraged to get involved in other areas on campus including; religious life, greek-life; sporting events, volunteering, etc.

Even though our campus is small... we are active! We have so many student organizations and clubs I can't even keep track, and most students are involved in at least 1, if not 2-3 of these groups. We're very active in the DeLand community as well (lots of local businesses give Stetson Student Discounts!).

3rd Year Female -- Class 2011