StudentsReview :: Stetson University - Comments and Student Experiences

Rollins College -- Winter Park, FL

Stetson University

Nov 17 2008Finance
Major Salary, Salary Trend, Satisfaction, Unemployment
In high school, I was friends with pretty much everyone. I went to a public high school in NY, and there were a variety of people in my high school coming from various socio-economic backgrounds. Everyone meshed well, and for the most part, all got along.

The people I have met at Stetson are some of the most stuck up, self absorbed and - for the most part - unintelligent individuals I have ever met in my life. Their main concern is themselves, and to hell with everyone else. The average IQ of most girls here is equivalent to room temperature, and the guys are not much better.

I chose this school because I always wanted to go to school far away. I liked Florida, and I liked the weather. I never had intentions of going to an Ivy League school, but being in public school my whole life I wanted to go to a private school with the intentions of meeting new, different people. I do have a small handful of friends here, but for the most part, the school is full of tools and ignoramuses.

My education here though has been above average. The professors in the business school are very helpful. Classes are small, and getting help from a tutor or a librarian is very easy.If you want to go to school strictly to get a good education, and you don't care about a social life whatsoever, go to this school. If you want to have friends that are of above average intelligence, if you want to go to house parties and fun bars, meet great people and, if you are a guy like myself, and want to meet a great, interesting fun, sweet girl - DO NOT come here. I am in my second year right now, and working my ass off to get my GPA higher so I can get the heck out of here Junior Year.

1st Year Male -- Class 2011
Faculty Accessibility: A, Useful Schoolwork: F
Oct 31 2007Finance
Major Salary, Salary Trend, Satisfaction, Unemployment
Stetson is not for everyone, but it was perfect for me. Small school setting, great weather, good teaching, and a neat town all contributed to a wonderful experience.
Preparedness: B+ Reputation: B+
Jan 23 2007Finance
Major Salary, Salary Trend, Satisfaction, Unemployment
The Stetson experience was very beneficial in getting me where I am today. I loved the town of Deland and the people. It's all part of developing character to deal with all types of people and situations. Get a part time job at school so you can connect with a business. Talk to people about their likes and dislikes. Learn from others.
Starting Job: SVP, Executive Preparedness: B Reputation: B+