StudentsReview :: The University of Central Florida - Comments and Student Experiences

Florida State University -- Tallahassee, FL
Florida Agricultural and Mechanical University -- Tallahassee, FL
Florida Atlantic University -- Boca Raton, FL

The University of Central Florida

This school is horrible! I have been bullied

May 02 2014Other
This school is horrible! I have been bullied by faculty and if you report it then they will only cover for the faculty members. What ever happened to zero tolerance for bullying? Also my roommates were horrible they damaged my property and got away with it while I was stuck cleaning up a mess. Most students there are stuck up and think they are better than everyone. The housing is ridiculously expensive for a DECENT place to live. This school is on the news every week for crime. Stay far away from this place! It's been a nightmare since I've been there!
2nd Year Female -- Class 2015
Innovation: A+, Faculty Accessibility: F

Professors do not care about your success

Feb 15 2014Electrical Engineering
Professors do not care about your success. Even my academic adviser was unhelpful. If you want to talk to your professor you must make an appointment and sometimes it is a week or 10 days before you can get one. After this amount of time has gone by your class material is no longer relevant.

Since it is the 2nd largest college in the USA they simply have more people than they can handle. Everyone is just a number. The bureaucracy is crazy maddening.

Nothing is easy at UCF, not scheduling, parking, availability to your teachers or dorm RA help with bad roommates.

Living on-campus is super pricey. Better to live off campus. If you like to party, this is the place. Plenty of everything - everywhere. If you want to study then always lock everything since theft is a huge problem.

1st Year Male -- Class 2018
Campus Aesthetics: B+, Education Quality: F

If I could go back in time and

Mar 25 2014Other
If I could go back in time and do it all over again I would in a heartbeat. From the time of orientation you are treated as just another number with a dollar sign on their head. Being out of state I thought orientation would be an opportunity to maybe meet friends and feel like i made the right choice since i was a transfer student, instead from the moment it started the people who were talking at orientation were arrogant and snotty. On my first day at ucf i made my first visit to the financial aid office and this is when my nightmare started (the knightmare puns arent kidding) The financial aid office WILL NOT help you at all, you are just another number and could careless about students. They messed up my fafsa and somehow i ended up getting nothing (when i shouldve gotten something) because of the arrogance of these people. Theyll tell you off the bat that they cant help you. Its the same with other offices. No ONE knows anything, I spent an entire day going from office to office and no one ever helped. And i wasn't the only one. In my many visits to ALL the possible student offices i made there were students in my same situation who were offered no help. Money is their number one priority. The people who go here are average, but it is extremely hard to make friends if you dont know people from high school. My roommates, who were from florida and had been attending the school for 2 years didn't have any friends either. The girls are snobby and the guys are only looking to hook up. It is usually quite easy for me to make friends but not at this school. The school spirit is awful and the academics arent even challenging. The people are quite dumb.
2nd Year Female -- Class 2015