StudentsReview ™ :: The University of South Florida - Comments and Student Experiences

Florida State University -- Tallahassee, FL
University of Central Florida -- Orlando, FL
Florida Atlantic University -- Boca Raton, FL

The University of South Florida

Feb 08 2014School of Information

I received two M.A. from U.S.F., one in history and the other in library science. I was very pleased with my professors.

Starting Job: RN Preparedness: B Reputation: C

It's not a bad school really

Sep 18 2013History/Histories (art history/etc.)
It's not a bad school really. I'm definitely glad I chose it over UNF or UCF at least. If you have an AS degree or even just a decent number of credits from another school but no AA I'd say avoid it though. I have an AS and they screwed me over massively on transferring credits. Also as a history major it seems like they mostly focus on either modern America or Ancient, which is cool if that's what you're into, but if you want to study Europe before WWII and after the fall of Rome you're in the minority and class offerings reflect that. That being said, I have had some awesome professors here.The campus itself is pretty nice, but the area around it is sketchy. If I had a daughter I wouldn't be comfortable letting her live alone off campus. If you live in any of the apartments near campus home defense really should be a consideration. The traffic in the surrounding area also sucks, and parking on campus is nearly as bad as it seems to be at every college.
1st Year Male -- Class 2015
Friendliness: A, Surrounding City: F

USF is a good school

Jul 23 2013Unknown
USF is a good school. Just like every university in the nation, its what you make of it. Come in with an open mind and you will love it. Many bad comments are from people who didnt have USF as their first trust, and therefore always looked down on it. There are numerous clubs and organizations to get involved with and the gym is one of the best in the country!

The immediate area around USF is not the greatest. Its really busy but has a lot of restaurants and stores. I just personally wish there was a little more of a collegetown feel. But at the same time Tampa is an amazing city to live in. There are so many opportunities and things to do.

Teachers have always been solid, for me at least. never had any problems. Some of the classtrooms are really old, but there are also new buildings with beautiful rooms!USF gave me so many experiences back when I was a freshman. I was on ESPN during the sporting events, I broke a guiness world record with the Buried Life crew, and met many future contacts. Go BUllS!

1st Year Male -- Class 2015