StudentsReview :: The University of South Florida - Comments and Student Experiences

Florida State University -- Tallahassee, FL
University of Central Florida -- Orlando, FL
Florida Atlantic University -- Boca Raton, FL

The University of South Florida

Feb 08 2014School of Information

I received two M.A. from U.S.F., one in history and the other in library science. I was very pleased with my professors.

Starting Job: RN Preparedness: B Reputation: C

How does getting bent over and fucked for

May 03 2014Computer Science
How does getting bent over and fucked for 4+ years sound to you? That's USF in a nutshell. I've been repeatedly screwed by this University and I'm sick of it. I'm trying to find another school to transfer too. I spend too much money to get professors that only care about their research. Most professors have no idea how to teach.
3rd Year Male -- Class 2016
University Resource Use: B+, Education Quality: F

It's not a bad school really

Sep 18 2013History/Histories (art history/etc.)
It's not a bad school really. I'm definitely glad I chose it over UNF or UCF at least. If you have an AS degree or even just a decent number of credits from another school but no AA I'd say avoid it though. I have an AS and they screwed me over massively on transferring credits. Also as a history major it seems like they mostly focus on either modern America or Ancient, which is cool if that's what you're into, but if you want to study Europe before WWII and after the fall of Rome you're in the minority and class offerings reflect that. That being said, I have had some awesome professors here.The campus itself is pretty nice, but the area around it is sketchy. If I had a daughter I wouldn't be comfortable letting her live alone off campus. If you live in any of the apartments near campus home defense really should be a consideration. The traffic in the surrounding area also sucks, and parking on campus is nearly as bad as it seems to be at every college.
1st Year Male -- Class 2015