StudentsReview :: The University of Tampa - Comments and Student Experiences

University of Texas -- Austin, TX
Florida State University -- Tallahassee, FL

The University of Tampa

I chose to come to the university ofQuite BrightPreMed and Medical
I chose to come to the university of Tampa because they emphasize experiential learning, global connections, the weather is great, and the campus is beautiful. The class sizes are small (around 20). As a freshman I was excited to start college and formulated scenarios in my head of what college would be like, but when I actually started school here it wasn't at all what I expected. Even on the first day I could tell people were cliquey, immature, materialistic, and stuck up. My roommate and I (now over halfway through the first semester) still have negative amount of friends. If you are not willing to wake up everyday and apply a full face of makeup, curl your hair, and wear high heels, nobody will give you the time of day. The only way to really make friends is to join either a sports team or Greek life in which all of your friends are bought anyway. There are definitely things I like here at UT (my classes, professors, facilities, campus, weather) but I've learned through being here that the people I'm surrounded by can play a huge role in my overall happiness even if I'm living in "paradise". My advise to you who are thinking about attending this your research. There has to be a reason why UT has the highest transfer rate in the state. My reason for transferring? I can't stand the people, I'm not a city girl, I miss my friends from home, and i often find myself counting down the days until I get to leave this hell hole. Good luck in your college process!!!
1st Year Female -- Class 2019
Education Quality: A+, Social Life: F
Academically, UT isn't a bad school.Quite BrightFinance
Academically, UT isn't a bad school. The campus looks great and the majority of everything is new and state-of-the-art. The bad part about this school is what you do outside of school work. If you don't like spending a good amount of money every time you go out, this isn't the place for you. The main thing to do here is go to clubs or bars but that gets old after a while. There's not many house parties here and the ones that do take place are either terrible or get busted by midnight. If you want to have a good time, I'd recommend joining greek life but it's not real greek life. The frats and sororities don't have houses on campus, instead they're scattered through the dirty city of Tampa, and the houses are a good distance from each other. I know college is for academics and not partying but you should still enjoy your time at whatever college you choose. I would definitely not recommend this school. I made a mistake coming here. All I wanted to do what get away from home and I thought this school was the right place, boy was I wrong.
2nd Year Male -- Class 2018
Campus Aesthetics: A+, Scholastic Success: F
I attended the University of Tampa for twoAverageCommunications
I attended the University of Tampa for two years before I transferred to a different university. As most of the reviews say, the campus (what drew me to go to UT) is absolutely beautiful and Tampa is an amazing place to live.

I had so many ups and downs throughout my time there. I can easily fit into the "upper-class Long Island" stereotype, and even I had a hard time enjoying my school. I originally went to UT because I was looking for a four year vacation where I could lay out at a pool everyday while making my parents happy by getting a degree.But eventually, I, like a majority of students there, grew out of that phase and was not satisfied with my college once I decided I wanted to actually have a good job and something to show for myself when I graduate. So many students are judgemental and cliquey and it makes you feel like you are in high school again. If you are not going out 5x a week then you can easily lose your "friends", who are really more of just people who you drink that don't actually care about you. I knew everyone at my school and was in the "in crowd" while going there, and I can honestly say I only keep in touch with two people from the school because the rest of my friends were not true.The main reason I left Tampa was because of the academics and it's poor reputation with employers. All of the professors at my new school and even employers from an internship I've had have made remarks about UT and that I'm lucky I got out. I love, love, love Florida and I had the time of my life while I was at UT, but leaving was one of the best decisions I have made because I was able to find true friends and have landed internships that I never would have been able to if I was still there. If I had to do it all over again, I would have gone to Florida State of Univ. of Florida, which are much better investments for getting the full college experience.

2nd Year Female -- Class 2019
Campus Aesthetics: A+, Collaboration/Competitive: F
Compare UTampaSave UTampa

According to NPR, the cost of college tuition an... more→