StudentsReview :: The University of West Florida - Comments and Student Experiences

Florida State University -- Tallahassee, FL
Florida Agricultural and Mechanical University -- Tallahassee, FL
Florida Atlantic University -- Boca Raton, FL

The University of West Florida

If you are out of state beware of

Apr 14 2014Education
If you are out of state beware of Financial Aide Student Accounts. Mr. Byron is lazy, incompetent , and a liar. He does not answer emails and then just sends you to collections before you can find out what you really owe. I left UWF and they are saying I owe Financial aide monies back. I received an out of state waiver email for the term I withdrew from so I should only owe that amount....not the full tuition amount. Mr. Byron also informed me I have to sign on to see my balance they do not issue billing statements...since when do you not receive a bill for amount owed!? I have sent emails to his supervivsor, student advisory and nothing back after 2 months! Next is a lawyer to sue...just so I can get my credit score back up. THis is an awful school due to negative interaction with advisors, financial aide, collections...Don't go!!!
1st Year Female -- Class 2015
Surrounding City: A-, Friendliness: D-

At $635 per 3 credit hours in-state tuition,

Dec 09 2013Archaeology
At $635 per 3 credit hours in-state tuition, the quality obtained from the courses is on par if not below the quality that you will get from a community college. You are taught how to take tests, not to be confident with applying the knowledge in the field of work. Most Professors read word for word off their Power Points, the answers to the Exam questions are all obtained from the Power Points, making most students regret having spent the $200 per textbook when you can pass most courses with an A while not having opened the Textbook.

The University of West Florida Administration, although they may have desk plates with their name and Master/Ph.D., they qualifications are on par with the admins in High School.

The student Code of Conduct should be a top priority to read as a student. Although designed to help victims of abuse, if do not care for ethics, the Student Code of Conduct can be easily abused with no punishment even after admitting to lying.

1st Year Male -- Class 2014
Friendliness: A, Useful Schoolwork: D

So far I am not impressed

Aug 18 2014Nursing
So far I am not impressed. I have not been able to make it past the admissions process yet. I am a veteran. I have made multiple phone calls to my admissions advisor & the military veterans resource center requesting a call back with no response. Getting a hold of anyone is like pulling teeth. So I call the admissions office who transfers me to someone, who in turn transfers me to someone else, only to be transferred back to the initial person. When I finally reach someone in the military veterans resource center, they are not very helpful, friendly, or enthused in assisting me. I feel like I am having to jump through hoops to get into the university & I am having to jump through hoops to finish the next steps for registering for classes. I am trying to find someone who can assist me with the next steps after the acceptance process, but so far no luck. I was told around 8:30 am that my call would be returned by the military veterans resource center & it's going on 11am & still no word. This is not a good way I feel I'm starting off. There seems to be no guidance or assistance so far after you are accepted. I will keep seeing how this goes, but I am already getting the impression that I may have to take my time & money elsewhere. Will come back with update to see if anything changes, but this is my review & rating for right now.

Florida State University -- Tallahassee, FL