StudentsReview :: Atlanta Metropolitan State College - Comments and Student Experiences

Atlanta Metropolitan State College

This college is GHE-TTO.Quite BrightBusiness - Management and Administration
This college is GHE-TTO...in every since of the word!!!! I attended there not long ago and for the most part it's all about the school making money off of the students. I thought I'd give AMSC another chance for the Fall 2015 Semester, since they recently was approved by the University Systems of Georgia to become a four-year college, but when I went there yesterday (August 14th) to check on my financial aid and returned to my car, my license plate was gone!!!!! Don't get me wrong, I've had some nice and helpful teachers and administrative staff there in the past to help me, but that's VERY few and far between!! I've witness domestic violence during to first week of school!! The Assistant Director of Finance there is uppity, snooty, arrogant, lazy and will treat you as if you're less than human. I'm a military veteran and it seems as if we are treated with avoidance and shoved in a corner, as if we're some kinda ticking time bomb!!! As an out of state transfer student, I sent my transcripts and immunization records to AMSC well before the semester began. When I arrived at the school, the records I sent were nowhere to be found!!! THIS IS MY PERSONAL INFORMATION FOLKS (name,birthdate, social security number, address, health records...everything pertaining to me that they could lawfully obtain)!!! When I expressed my concerns about my identity information being misplaced, they just shrugged it off like it was no big deal. Concerning the financial aid office? I can explain them in one word "UNPROFESSIONAL"!!! With the exception of the Director of Financial Aid (who I think is AWESOME and one of the few bright spots at AMSC by the way), the staff beneath her treats the students like they're stupid. The front desk representatives lie to you about your financial aid and send you in circles all over campus to other departments, just so they can avoid researching your issue. I made a mistake coming here to take classes for the Fall 2015 Semester, but rest assured, THIS WILL BE MY LAST SEMESTER HERE EVER!! Oh, did I mention all the unnecessary school fees?! RIDICULOUS!!! The majority of the students are attending AMSC on federal loans and grants assistance. Well, at AMSC they've found ways through repetitive, made up fee titles, that'll milk the students out of a good portion school funding! Then they'll flip it on the students in an attempt to advise them to not take out unnecessary student loans!! THIS PLACE IS A MONKEY ZOO FOR EDUCATION AND I STRONGLY ADVISE ANY STUDENT LOOKING FOR A HIGHER EDUCATION THAT WILL STRENGTHEN THEIR FUTURE NOT TO COME HERE!!!
1st Year Male -- Class 2018
Not put together well.Quite BrightUndecided
Not put together well. The faculty is very unhelpful, and under qualified. Students should never fell like they are just being sent in circles around the campus just to get something simple figured out. It took months for any financial aid to kick in. The campus cops are a joke. I went here at first because it was easy to get funding , but the travel to and from there W
1st Year Female -- Class 2019
Surrounding City: A-, Faculty Accessibility: F
Somebody needs to honestly fire EVERY faculty memberSuper BrilliantBiology
Somebody needs to honestly fire EVERY faculty member at this school and hire some educated people who really care to lead and work in this school. These people are so unbelievable, in every department not only do they all have attitudes but they dont know what they are doing an act like its your fault for their mistake. Nobody i mean Nobody that works here acts like they are qualified. They dont take their jobs seriously and it gets me thinking why are you there if u gone do a half ass job. This school really needs to get it together. Never seen such disgrace and lack there of from a school in my life.
1st Year Female -- Class 2015