StudentsReview :: Columbus State University - Comments and Student Experiences

Colorado State University -- Fort Collins, CO

Columbus State University

The school is not diverse for the transferBrightMath
The school is not diverse for the transfer student or adult learner as far as working with the student to transfer credits. I have had to retake many classes that was a waste of my time and money. They have no program to accept prior work life experience or prior knowledge to replace classes.

Professors are now lowering a students grade based on attendance. The college is no longer focusing on academics but class attendance. Work hard and earn an A, B, or C and you may fail the class due to missing a class or two or being late a couple of times. A harsh penalty to pay for experiencing life. Quick RUN AWAY, as fast as you can. Go somewhere else.

2nd Year Female -- Class 2015
Campus Aesthetics: A+, Faculty Accessibility: F
I came here as a transfer student becauseQuite BrightCommunications
I came here as a transfer student because my husband is in the military. I had transferred many credits to this school but they ended up not recognizing them because they weren't the same number level and would have had to been taken again. From the beginning of my transfer, I was never offered any assistance as far as class scheduling or advice went. I was in a new state and thought going to. "large" university in town was going to be exciting. I had to keep turning in the same forms over and over because they were unorganized and careless. I started the process in April and still wasn't sure what was going on when beginning classes in the Fall. The main offices are mostly ran by students who seem careless as well. After Being there a year, THEN I was told about those required classes that would need to be taken over and I would have to attend this school for like two more years. Why wasn't I told this in the beginning? Because no one evaluated my transcripts and I never had an advisor. I had to research my advisor myself. Now I'm moving back to my home state to complete my degree in a semester instead of years. I believe CSU tries to get the most money out of students and military families. Tuition is outrageous for this very little known school. It's is how they afford their million dollar buildings, etc. Go to nearby Auburn an get your money's worth for yor education and do not waste time or money here. You will be on your own and unsupported.
1st Year Female -- Class 2013
Perceived Campus Safety: A, University Resource Use/ spending: F
I now have 2 degrees and will haveOther
I now have 2 degrees and will have completed a 3rd at the end of this year, all from this university. The only reason I have continued going here is because my funds and resources are limited as far as finding another university, and even the funds are about to be a moo point. CSU is raising its tuition every year, but the quality of education, availability of classes, and resources for learning are decreasing. They pour millions of dollars into all sorts of new "trimmings" such as the indoor circus they call the REC Center and buying up the downtown part of the city, but in doing all of this they are adding fees for things you don't want and don't use, running out of space for parking (even with their new parking garage), and even adding fees for nothing, just giving it a name and charging you! Just to top it off, with all the money you put into this education, it gets you nothing for credibility. CSU is considered a community college, and outside of the immediate area, no one has ever heard of it and it won't raise your chances of getting a job by having it on a resume. They accept anyone that applies because they want more students, they want to look bigger than they really are. But what that means is that people who aren't going to advance the univeristy (to put it nicely) are attending there. Crime has picked up, socially there has been a decline in civilization, it's been "ghettofied" for lack of a better term (and remember, I've been attending this university on and off for the better part of a decade, so I've watched it happen over time); and that's not a racial reference. This is not Tuskeegee or Morehouse, universities with prestige and positive reputations, it's just ghetto. The surrounding area does, however, have a lot of racial tension. As much as many readers won't like to hear this, it's African Americans hating whites. I don't feel at all safe on or off campus because of the high crime rate that is part of this. The only positive thing I can say is that their graduate programs are more in depth as far as content goes, and are almost worth the money that it costs to get a graduate degree there. Still, that degree will do you little good in the job world because as I already said, no one has ever heard of this university.
Compare CSUSave CSU