StudentsReview :: DeVry University Georgia - Comments and Student Experiences

California Institute of Technology -- Pasadena, CA
Stanford University -- Stanford, CA

DeVry University Georgia

I attended Devry from '90-'92 and majored inAverageElectrical Engineering
I attended Devry from '90-'92 and majored in BEET. I left Devry not because of the educational experience but because of, except for friends I made, the lack of social clubs and no dating scene on campus. Maybe better to say that I wanted a college party/social atmosphere. I went to Devry because I never went to a state college(was 20 when I went) before, only vocational school at local community college. Looking back on it, I don't even think I went to Devry to get trained to have a good job when I got out, in other words, I was just oblivious. I didn't know what life was about nor had I had any idea what I wanted to do, and before the recruiter came to my house, my life was going nowhere. Back to topic, my likes about Devry: I liked the small classes, the labs, everything was in one building, made a few friends from different countries, but most were from the states. I also liked most of my instructors, most seemed to care. My dislikes about Devry-while i was there-: most of the other students were not serious about their education or future, kinda like I was, no campus social clubs and no parties except the ones held by friends off campus, and very few hot girls.I am wanting to go back to college, but don't think I will choose Devry. It's way too expensive and the For-Profit kinda leaves a bad taste in my mouth, also I think some employers don't take Devry seriously. Again these are issues that I didn't think about when starting Devry, I was just clueless. Of course, wanting the state college experience too. If you have never been to college before, and you have no clue what you want to do, my advice is to make a list of the subjects that interested you and the ones that didn't in HS. If you are still unsure you can take career assesment tests, and if you need advice I would go to your HS career counselor. Ask yourself what would I love to do working for or almost for free. What are my hobbies, passions etc. When you get some career paths you are interested in, don't be tempted to look at how much money you can make or which one pays the most, pick the one you have a nack for. Remember, your career life will take up 1/3 of your lifetime. I personally would tell you to take your gen eds at a community college, ideally as much as you can for two reasons: it's way cheaper(even compared to a state school) and you will avoid the huge class size(classes get smaller as a junior) if you choose a state school. If you are set on Devry, they allow up to 80 credits to transfer. But even though I had a good educational experience at Devry, I wouldn't recommend it, that is if I had to do it all over again, unless they offer a degree all public colleges don't. When you find the degree that best fits you, search on job sites to find out what the requirements and qualifications are. If Devry is still your choice, make sure of it by contacting employers to see if they approve of Devry. Good luck
2nd Year Male -- Class 1993
Individual Value: A-, Extracurricular Activities: D
The Decatur Campus staff in GA is veryQuite BrightOther
The Decatur Campus staff in GA is very Ghetro! They are unhelpful, especially when it comes to receiving your paperwork on time. Meaning graudation and the career fairs are a joke. You cannot get a degree on time without them constantly loosing your paperwork. When you ask a question they give you nothing but attitude. You have to remind them that you pay their wages. They seem to push the students through the class by giving out answers instead of showing you an example to figure out on your own. Once upon a time 20 years ago this was a great school and you had to take entrance exams to get in...now just apply and bingo no problem.
3rd Year Female -- Class 2010
Friendliness: C+, Individual Value: F
I recommend that youQuite BrightBusiness - Management and Administration
I recommend that you take English, Math, Science and other major subjects in class an not online. Overall, try ot do classroom studies, you learn much more.
1st Year Female -- Class 2012