StudentsReview ™ :: Emory University - Comments and Student Experiences

Vanderbilt University -- Nashville, TN
Washington University in St. Louis -- St. Louis, MO

Emory University

Nov 21 2012Chemistry

Thought of transfer before getting here.Never think of it since beginning of college.

1st Year Female -- Class 2016
Education Quality: A+, Scholastic Success: B+

I attend Oxford College my first two years

Jul 02 2012Philosophy
I attend Oxford College my first two years and then finished at Emory's main campus, Emory College. I loved my experience as I got the best of both worlds. Oxford College has gotten a bit bigger now but at the time back in 2003-2005, only 650 students, small class rooms, tutors available, great faculty-student interaction. Main campus, I loved being a Resident Advisor, loved my classes, my department, Philosphy, was very open and the faculty, top notch. I learned more in Logic and Ethics than expected and take the lessons I learned into my post-college college experiences in the real world. My only regret is not reading all the assigned material, I wish I had so I could have learned even more, however I was so involved in being social that I didn't study as much as I could've. If only I had worked harder I would have gotten an even more fulfilling experience so its very important to work hard and play hard! Overall, I love Emory and would recommend it to anyone.
4th Year Female -- Class 2007
Education Quality: A+, Useful Schoolwork: F

A great incubator for me!

Jun 01 2012Chemistry
A great incubator for me! The Emory Chemistry Department's stature was solid in my day, but has since ascended. Dynamic Faculty. People are receptive to new ideas. The campus is beautiful. I went on to become a physician after my PhD. To this day, I find myself reaching into my "bag of tricks" from Emory times.
Starting Job: Medical Student Preparedness: A Reputation: A