StudentsReview :: Emory University - Comments and Student Experiences

Vanderbilt University -- Nashville, TN
Washington University in St. Louis -- St. Louis, MO

Emory University

Nov 21 2012Chemistry

Thought of transfer before getting here.Never think of it since beginning of college.

1st Year Female -- Class 2016
Education Quality: A+, Scholastic Success: B+

A lot of people complain about every aspect

Nov 27 2014Math
A lot of people complain about every aspect of Emory. I don't understand them. Emory is great university. I've made a bunch of amazing friends, the dorms are amazing, all of my professors are amazing and helpful (TAs almost never teach), the campus is eye-catching and I'm having a great time. I'll tell you this though, CHEM 141 is hard and a weed-out course, frat parties suck, and even though its only 20 min away from midtown Atlanta, it's far.
1st Year Male -- Class 2018
Campus Aesthetics: A+, Scholastic Success: B

I attend Oxford College my first two years

Jul 02 2012Philosophy
I attend Oxford College my first two years and then finished at Emory's main campus, Emory College. I loved my experience as I got the best of both worlds. Oxford College has gotten a bit bigger now but at the time back in 2003-2005, only 650 students, small class rooms, tutors available, great faculty-student interaction. Main campus, I loved being a Resident Advisor, loved my classes, my department, Philosphy, was very open and the faculty, top notch. I learned more in Logic and Ethics than expected and take the lessons I learned into my post-college college experiences in the real world. My only regret is not reading all the assigned material, I wish I had so I could have learned even more, however I was so involved in being social that I didn't study as much as I could've. If only I had worked harder I would have gotten an even more fulfilling experience so its very important to work hard and play hard! Overall, I love Emory and would recommend it to anyone.
4th Year Female -- Class 2007