StudentsReview :: The Savannah College of Art and Design - Comments and Student Experiences

Rhode Island School of Design -- Providence, RI
Ringling School of Art and Design -- Sarasota, FL
Pratt Institute -- Brooklyn, NY

The Savannah College of Art and Design

Jun 30 2014Art & Design Department
Major Salary, Salary Trend, Satisfaction, Unemployment
I am hugely disappointed with my undergraduate experience. I graduated at the top of my class and cannot find a job. SCAD promises a 95% placement rate - this is a total lie. My friends cannot find jobs either. I'm in debt and don't know how I'm going to pay back my loans. SCAD is a joke. It's all a money making scheme.
May 23 2014Undecided
Major Salary, Salary Trend, Satisfaction, Unemployment
I'm here to tell you about scad has a discriminating policy about "Asian cannot either get rid of ESL class or jump class if you have ability." Even if your ielts or toefl meet heir requirements, they require student to sk two quarter for study English rather than just let you go. This is ridiculous and waste students time. Besides, some of the ESL professors have no intention to teach, especially the one my friends and I need to go with. She just asks people to read the whole paragraph other than teaching by herself. She seems not to have any mood or energy to interact with the class. She just gets angry if people have any complaints about her to the boss. She swears to find who is the one reporting her.

It's quite sad, my classmate has been got kicked out by her and she doesn't care about my classmate, she is rude and arrogant. She can get late for one hour and everyone needs to wait her. She then says to the stuff that there's a makeup class in either Friday or in the afternoon. I don't know why she is still here and teaches the classes. Not to mention it is ridiculous to the high school I have been with. She has been reported by twice and it has no reason to describe why she is still here.

Campus Maintenance: A-, Education Quality: F
Apr 23 2014Video/Media
Major Salary, Salary Trend, Satisfaction, Unemployment
i got discrimination from a prof, who treat different between international student and american, and i got his insult.

i am female. But he once pointed to male rest room to asked me to go with him. However, when i complaint to scad, scad said its not sexual harassment and when i proved what he did to me, didnt reply the email, didnt help and charge me to my chair that i dont do well in his class, etc, scad shows me how they dont care to students like me. no apology, no respond, no explain. just said no evidence to show that the things are true, then the issue is done.dont come to spend your money $4,000 a class, get nothing but insult and disappoint.

4th Year Female -- Class 2015