StudentsReview :: The Savannah College of Art and Design - Comments and Student Experiences

Rhode Island School of Design -- Providence, RI
Ringling School of Art and Design -- Sarasota, FL
Pratt Institute -- Brooklyn, NY

The Savannah College of Art and Design

Feb 24 2014Art & Design Department

Lies and Discrimination

Preparedness: - Reputation: F

i got discrimination from a prof, who treat

Apr 23 2014Video/Media
i got discrimination from a prof, who treat different between international student and american, and i got his insult.

i am female. But he once pointed to male rest room to asked me to go with him. However, when i complaint to scad, scad said its not sexual harassment and when i proved what he did to me, didnt reply the email, didnt help and charge me to my chair that i dont do well in his class, etc, scad shows me how they dont care to students like me. no apology, no respond, no explain. just said no evidence to show that the things are true, then the issue is done.dont come to spend your money $4,000 a class, get nothing but insult and disappoint.

4th Year Female -- Class 2015
Useful Schoolwork: A+, Surrounding City: D

SCAD came highly recommended from a friend of

Feb 19 2014Art & Design Department
SCAD came highly recommended from a friend of my mother's and she pushed me to come here. Classes are, in general, okay. One of my classes was cancelled a week before classes started and I was not informed, getting into another class so soon before the quarter was hell, I wasn't allowed to be placed into a full class like the school said I could if needed be. Classes are also changed to different times without telling the students in them, so if you register you have to frequently check to make sure you haven't been taken out of the class because the time changed. Students don't really range from don't do a lot of work to do a lot of work, they're either one or the other. Many students are also not terribly bright, often misspelling things and messing up their grammar. Some professors aren't that good at grammar as well. Only being able to skip four of the twenty classes makes sense, however with many studio classes I find myself saving up my skips so I can use them to work on projects for that class because the in-class time isn't productive, all we do is talk about irrelevant things. Recently, all the chairs in my building were replaced with more expensive less comfortable chairs. Dorms are almost entirely concrete, campus is overpriced (so is the food) and unwelcoming. I have lived off campus for two years now, and it is considerably cheaper but your chances of getting shot or robbed are higher. Security isn't that helpful, neither is tech support. Teachers don't seem to talk to each other about course content, there are gaps in education. Many professors expect you to just know how to use computer programs without teaching you. Students can be friendly but frequently aren't. Majority of the freshmen are there because it's easy to get into the school and their parents want them to go to college, and they think an art school will be a good party school. It's not.
2nd Year Female -- Class 2015