StudentsReview :: The Savannah College of Art and Design - Comments and Student Experiences

Rhode Island School of Design -- Providence, RI
Ringling School of Art and Design -- Sarasota, FL
Pratt Institute -- Brooklyn, NY

The Savannah College of Art and Design

After attending what I thought was my "dreamQuite BrightArt & Design Department
After attending what I thought was my "dream school" for less that a full year (two quarters) I left with an absolute distaste in my mouth. SCAD is nothing more than a horrendous excuse for an art school. First off, the school lacks the accreditations that places like FIDM, RISD and Parsons have. Second, the faculty in the department I was in (Fashion) were arrogant, rude and unhelpful. I had taken almost half of my required fashion classes at another school across the country and gotten everything from a B- to several B+ and a few A's in these classes and yet they had the audacity to tell me that I needed to retake them when my work was above that of several of their senior students!

Also, the tuition for this place is laughable. The scholarships are a joke. I wasted twenty-five grand on six classes that I could have taken in one semester at my local State University for only five!!! They are robber-barrons who make you live on their less-than-accomitable housing to get full scholarship, otherwise you only get seventy percent. These "dorms" are renovated motels from the sixties and seventies that look like they would fail an asbestos test today. The "employment rate" they boast is fabricated and I guarantee you most graduates get temp jobs or part-time internships that end and they are left in crippling debt. Trust me, it is NOT WORTH going into debt for a college degree. NOTHING IS WORTH DEBT!!!

Finally, something is wrong with that president of theirs. She is just not right and I wouldn't doubt that there is something illegal going on at the administrative level. Watch, within the next five years or so an investigation will be launched into that school and with luck she and her tenured jokes of professors will be indicted. So, all-in-all I have absolutely nothing good to say about this school. I urge you to go the cheap route and either get an art degree at your local university or skip college all together and start honing your craft. I'm just grateful I got out of there in time to realize what a joke the place is.

1st Year Male -- Class 2016
Innovation: B, Education Quality: F
I am hugely disappointed with my undergraduate experience.Art & Design Department
I am hugely disappointed with my undergraduate experience. I graduated at the top of my class and cannot find a job. SCAD promises a 95% placement rate - this is a total lie. My friends cannot find jobs either. I'm in debt and don't know how I'm going to pay back my loans. SCAD is a joke. It's all a money making scheme.
I'm here to tellAverageUndecided
I'm here to tell you about scad has a discriminating policy about "Asian cannot either get rid of ESL class or jump class if you have ability." Even if your ielts or toefl meet heir requirements, they require student to sk two quarter for study English rather than just let you go. This is ridiculous and waste students time. Besides, some of the ESL professors have no intention to teach, especially the one my friends and I need to go with. She just asks people to read the whole paragraph other than teaching by herself. She seems not to have any mood or energy to interact with the class. She just gets angry if people have any complaints about her to the boss. She swears to find who is the one reporting her.

It's quite sad, my classmate has been got kicked out by her and she doesn't care about my classmate, she is rude and arrogant. She can get late for one hour and everyone needs to wait her. She then says to the stuff that there's a makeup class in either Friday or in the afternoon. I don't know why she is still here and teaches the classes. Not to mention it is ridiculous to the high school I have been with. She has been reported by twice and it has no reason to describe why she is still here.

Campus Maintenance: A-, Education Quality: F