StudentsReview :: The Savannah College of Art and Design - Comments and Student Experiences

Rhode Island School of Design -- Providence, RI
Ringling School of Art and Design -- Sarasota, FL
Pratt Institute -- Brooklyn, NY

The Savannah College of Art and Design

Feb 24 2014Art & Design Department

Lies and Discrimination

Preparedness: - Reputation: F

i got discrimination from a prof, who treat

Apr 23 2014Video/Media
i got discrimination from a prof, who treat different between international student and american, and i got his insult.

i am female. But he once pointed to male rest room to asked me to go with him. However, when i complaint to scad, scad said its not sexual harassment and when i proved what he did to me, didnt reply the email, didnt help and charge me to my chair that i dont do well in his class, etc, scad shows me how they dont care to students like me. no apology, no respond, no explain. just said no evidence to show that the things are true, then the issue is done.dont come to spend your money $4,000 a class, get nothing but insult and disappoint.

4th Year Female -- Class 2015
Useful Schoolwork: A+, Surrounding City: D

I have spent over $100,000 in student loans

Feb 12 2014Fine Arts - Painting/Sculpture/Photography/etc
I have spent over $100,000 in student loans while at SCAD. There so many things I love about my school, especially the photography department. Your foundation classes may feel like busy work, but they are actually very useful towards your major. Well besides 3D Design, I still think that class was a total waste of time lol. Anyway, I love the photo department, but for the price tag of tuition, half of the equipment is outdated or old as your grandma, along with that fact that a quarter of the photo professors are only there because of their so called 'fame' when they are in reality actually really horrible teachers. Like Zig Jackson, Meryl Truett and Pete Christman, avoid them at all costs! They are totally useless teachers. I don't even know why they are teachers! I regret having chosen them for classes. Anyway, Savannah is a party town so if you're down for that you've come to the right place. If not, there's always Forsyth park or a ton of cafe's and cupcake places where you can write about your sober artsy life. After four years, I really would not trade this experience for anything. I am still not proud that I am graduating from the money hungering SCAD, but I am proud that I have at least attended college. I wish I would have attended a better school, but it's too late now. SCAD really isn't worth the money, despite whatever kind of fancy show they try to put on during tours or on their website. Please aim for RISD (with a scholarship) or just any art school other than the overrated SCAD, it's really not worth the money. Good luck everyone!
4th Year Female -- Class 2014