The Savannah College of Art and Design
The Savannah College of Art and Design - Comments and Student Experiences|
- I have had a handful of classes where I learned a lot of useful information.
- Obviously this place is expensive, but it's also not worth it.
- I never developed any close friendships with the people here because they are mostly arrogant and form cliques. Not to mention most of them reek of alcohol/drugs.
- While the building itself is nice, the environment around it isn't very safe. There have been several security breaches, as well as car break-ins and robberies at gun-point. Don't travel in this area at night.
- The HUB food is expensive, and not even that great.
- It's claimed that since the classes at SCAD-Atlanta are smaller, learning is more "hands-on", but most of the teachers will tell you to improve on your own time. I've been attending the SCAD-Atlanta campus for about 5 years, and the most I've gotten out of it is large amounts of stress, financial debt, and an inferiority complex. Prior to enrolling into SCAD, I attended their SCAD-Day event, where they give tours to prospective students. Obviously, this is where they try to persuade you to attend SCAD by sugar-coating any information regarding the school. I remember when I went to this event, another person asked the tour guide if you had to be able to draw to go to SCAD, to which the tour guide replied that it isn't necessary for most majors, plus there are classes that would help you along the way. I'll admit, I'm not a terrible artist, but I'm not the best either. The teachers here often make you feel like the absolute WORST. They will tell you what you're doing wrong, but they don't help much in making it right. If you have a scholarship, expect to lose it, because the teachers grade harsh enough to lower your GPA dramatically. I've spent quite a long time and extra money trying to bring mine back up, and it still wasn't at the academic standpoint for graduating on time. Not to mention I have nothing even remotely close to a professional portfolio, which they place a lot of emphasis on creating in order to get hired once you graduate. So instead, I will be seeking a better education elsewhere. Overall, this place really isn't all it's cracked up to be. So long SCAD, you were the worst 5 year mistake of my life.
Disclaimer: StudentsReview makes no claims, promises, or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the contents of this site, and expressly disclaims liability for errors and omissions in the contents of this site. Furthermore, StudentsReview is not affiliated with any University or Institution.