StudentsReview :: The Savannah College of Art and Design - Comments and Student Experiences

Rhode Island School of Design -- Providence, RI
Ringling School of Art and Design -- Sarasota, FL
Pratt Institute -- Brooklyn, NY

The Savannah College of Art and Design

Jul 01 2011Other

My experience at SCAD left me well prepared for the work force. I am now successful and love my job.

2nd Year Male -- Class 2000
Education Quality: A+, Campus Aesthetics: F
Jun 06 2011Communications

Scad is a great school, i love it there and you have the opportunity to visit the various campuses

2nd Year Female -- Class 2013
Education Quality: A+, Perceived Campus Safety: B

People who say SCAD is terrible didnt give

Jun 07 2011Architecture
People who say SCAD is terrible didnt give it a chance. . . freshman year sucks! Foundations isnt what you went to scad for. . . intro classes isnt what you went to scad for. I struggled so much my first year and a half at scad, but once I got into my studio classes I remembered why I came to SCAD. I finished all 6, 5 hour interior design studios. They were hard, VERY hard, I didnt have a social life outside of my studio. But my final quarter at SCAD I didnt have any ID studios left and I really missed them. The girls that were in the program are probably the most amazing girls I have ever met. I honestly dont think Ive ever met nicer more genuine people before. Everyone at SCAD is so talented regardless if they are lazy or not. I dont consider myself an artist, I cant draw, but I can design like no other! SCAD is amazing and some of the professors go way beyond to help you succeed. Anyone that says otherwise is lazy and not taking advantage of their resources. I do admit that SCAD is all about images and will tell you anything to come to the school, and they dont use all the money we pay to come here they way it should be used, but at the same time were a top art school for a reason. And we made it to the top in just 30 years that its been around thats saying a lot. Paula Wallece sucks beyond belief but ill admit the school the co created is amazing and Im so sad its over.
4th Year Female -- Class 2011