StudentsReview :: The Savannah College of Art and Design - Comments and Student Experiences

Rhode Island School of Design -- Providence, RI
Ringling School of Art and Design -- Sarasota, FL
Pratt Institute -- Brooklyn, NY

The Savannah College of Art and Design

SCAD is a great place

Oct 11 2010Design Arts - Industrial Design/Graphic Design/etc
SCAD is a great place. Anyone thinking of going here really should take the time to visit the campus for themselves. It took me a long time to come to my own conclusions about where to go to college, but I have been very happy with my experiece. The ammount of support the faculty and staff have shown to me has been amazing. Also, the facilities are truly the best of all of the schools I looked into.
4th Year Female -- Class 2005
Education Quality: A+, Useful Schoolwork: B

I love SCAD!

Jun 04 2010Fine Arts - Painting/Sculpture/Photography/etc
I love SCAD!
Yes the dining hall food SUCKS, all of the art supplies is ridiculously expensive, 2d design class is a total waste of time and money, it's damn hard to get an A on anything, a lot of the students (but not all of them) are either a) socially inept b) self absorbed c) really friggin weird or d) idiots who only got into the school because they are on a sports team.

I had a hard time finding my place at first, but once I found my group of friends I absolutely loved it there. I can't wait to go back in the fall!

O-house is a pretty nice dorm, one of the newer ones. The food at JO's is horrible, but the dessert there is always awesome.

If you go out alone at night you're pretty much begging to get robbed. I've never experienced a situation like that because I've always made sure to only venture out at night when I had at least two other people to go out with.

I would say as a female, some parts of Savannah in the day time aren't even that safe. Just be extra careful if you're female.

Savannah is a really beautiful place though, and it does suck that everything closes super early, but you get used to that. And there isn't much to do if you're under 21, that's why having a good group of friends to just chill with is so important to everyone here.

And not everyone smokes pot. I don't smoke anything and none of the friends I have made at scad do either.I came over 1,000 miles to attend this school, and I still don't regret that choice. I love SCAD, it's my second home now.

1st Year Female -- Class 2013
Campus Maintenance: A, Useful Schoolwork: C

SCAD-Atlanta was easy to get in but staying

Aug 12 2010Art & Design Department
SCAD-Atlanta was easy to get in but staying in is the problem. Coming in as a freshmen with no type of art background scared me. Fortunately my arrogant Drawing I teacher couldn't bring down my lack of drawing skills. I really believe if you research your teachers then you will come out successful. I honestly did not learn anything in Drawing I and I choose to pick the same teacher for Drawing II. Big Mistake. I finally choose someone else for Life drawing and found out he was a wonderful teacher. Unfortunately he had to teach me all the foundations again but it was worth it. PLEASE RESEARCH YOUR TEACHER!!!!!!

Coursework is very crazy but all relevant to the class. If you do it on time and don't rush, You will have fun and really enjoy it. I suck at time management but I made time for my final project and Loved it.

If you don't like being in the class then do online. Online is AMAZING. I took Art History I AND II online and it was great. I check in every other day and everything was always due on Sunday.

I am a fashion Design major and I took one fashion class so far and the rumors you here are true. The sewing machines make you cry because they have a mind of their own.

Overall I kinda love SCAD. The money is put towards the nice facility in ATLANTA. The bathrooms are beautiful. I would live in the bathroom verses the freshmen dorms :)

The teachers are friendly ans very approachable. The students come off as snooty but are very friendly and crazy as well. I hope this was helpful.

1st Year Female -- Class 2013