StudentsReview :: The Savannah College of Art and Design - Comments and Student Experiences

Rhode Island School of Design -- Providence, RI
Ringling School of Art and Design -- Sarasota, FL
Pratt Institute -- Brooklyn, NY

The Savannah College of Art and Design

Nov 08 2010Video/Media
Major Salary, Salary Trend, Satisfaction, Unemployment
I honestly had not heard of SCAD until my senior year and only went there because I was given a very generous scholarship. I must say that it has been the best decision I have ever made. The faculty are industry experienced, the course work is rigorous, and there is so much to do. You get out what you put in, and I am working my hardest to ensure I have a job when I graduate and SCAD's Career Services department does all they can to help you as well. I am majoring in Visual Effects and it still blows my mind that I am learning from people who worked on some of my favorite movies. I also think it's unheard of how some of the biggest companies like Pixar, Rhythm and Hues, Blizzard, and Lucas Arts come to SCAD to recruit on an almost quarterly basis in some cases. If you are truly interested in SCAD then I recommend doing some real research and you will be amazed with what you find.
2nd Year Female -- Class 2012
Education Quality: A+, Perceived Campus Safety: B-
Oct 11 2010Design Arts - Industrial Design/Graphic Design/etc
Major Salary, Salary Trend, Satisfaction, Unemployment
SCAD is a great place. Anyone thinking of going here really should take the time to visit the campus for themselves. It took me a long time to come to my own conclusions about where to go to college, but I have been very happy with my experiece. The ammount of support the faculty and staff have shown to me has been amazing. Also, the facilities are truly the best of all of the schools I looked into.
4th Year Female -- Class 2005
Education Quality: A+, Useful Schoolwork: B
Aug 12 2010Art & Design Department
Major Salary, Salary Trend, Satisfaction, Unemployment
SCAD-Atlanta was easy to get in but staying in is the problem. Coming in as a freshmen with no type of art background scared me. Fortunately my arrogant Drawing I teacher couldn't bring down my lack of drawing skills. I really believe if you research your teachers then you will come out successful. I honestly did not learn anything in Drawing I and I choose to pick the same teacher for Drawing II. Big Mistake. I finally choose someone else for Life drawing and found out he was a wonderful teacher. Unfortunately he had to teach me all the foundations again but it was worth it. PLEASE RESEARCH YOUR TEACHER!!!!!!

Coursework is very crazy but all relevant to the class. If you do it on time and don't rush, You will have fun and really enjoy it. I suck at time management but I made time for my final project and Loved it.

If you don't like being in the class then do online. Online is AMAZING. I took Art History I AND II online and it was great. I check in every other day and everything was always due on Sunday.

I am a fashion Design major and I took one fashion class so far and the rumors you here are true. The sewing machines make you cry because they have a mind of their own.

Overall I kinda love SCAD. The money is put towards the nice facility in ATLANTA. The bathrooms are beautiful. I would live in the bathroom verses the freshmen dorms :)

The teachers are friendly ans very approachable. The students come off as snooty but are very friendly and crazy as well. I hope this was helpful.

1st Year Female -- Class 2013