StudentsReview :: The Savannah College of Art and Design - Comments and Student Experiences

Rhode Island School of Design -- Providence, RI
Ringling School of Art and Design -- Sarasota, FL
Pratt Institute -- Brooklyn, NY

The Savannah College of Art and Design

SCAD is a great school with excellent resources

Apr 05 2010Fine Arts - Painting/Sculpture/Photography/etc
SCAD is a great school with excellent resources to get you where you want to be in life. The classes are hard, but you will get what you put in as lame as that sounds. Make sure that you explore different majors because SCAD offers many different majors that you might not even know about, and some of the smaller majors are the best!
1st Year Female -- Class 2011
Surrounding City: A+, Perceived Campus Safety: C+

SCAD is a great school that focuses on

Feb 01 2010Fine Arts - Painting/Sculpture/Photography/etc
SCAD is a great school that focuses on individual talent and skill. Not only do they appreciate your current skills, but they work you HARD to build on them. A lot of the professors are/were working professional in their field and can provide great resources and information to help. Savannah is a gorgeous place to hang around outside and there are also tons of bars and places to hang out at night!
1st Year Female -- Class 2011
Innovation: A+, Perceived Campus Safety: D

Okay, so I'm noticing a lot of trashy

Mar 21 2010Other
Okay, so I'm noticing a lot of trashy comments towards SCAD - honestly, I think it depends on the type of person you are, and the professors you choose. Yes, the food here sucks (rumors on improvement though?), the dorms could be better, and it's not the safest area, but, with common sense when you're out and about, etc, it's bearable. Picking the right professors is important. Ratemyprofessor.com is SUPER-helpful and I use it every time I choose my classes. I never regret my choices, I have had so many inspiring and fantastic professors here and I think they're worth every cent. I'm a double-major in Animation and Sequential, so I can speak for both those departments - you will get your money's worth in eduacation for those. I've also had great foundation teachers.

Most of the students here are really friendly too, you can start a conversation with most people, yes there are some snooty arrogant types, etc... but most of the kids here are pretty pleasant so it helps a lot. Overall I'm really enjoying my time here, it can be extremely stressful since classes are crammed into 10 weeks but you learn a lot.

1st Year Female -- Class 2012