StudentsReview :: The Savannah College of Art and Design - Comments and Student Experiences

Rhode Island School of Design -- Providence, RI
Ringling School of Art and Design -- Sarasota, FL
Pratt Institute -- Brooklyn, NY

The Savannah College of Art and Design

Jun 04 2010Fine Arts - Painting/Sculpture/Photography/etc
I love SCAD!
Yes the dining hall food SUCKS, all of the art supplies is ridiculously expensive, 2d design class is a total waste of time and money, it's damn hard to get an A on anything, a lot of the students (but not all of them) are either a) socially inept b) self absorbed c) really friggin weird or d) idiots who only got into the school because they are on a sports team.

I had a hard time finding my place at first, but once I found my group of friends I absolutely loved it there. I can't wait to go back in the fall!

O-house is a pretty nice dorm, one of the newer ones. The food at JO's is horrible, but the dessert there is always awesome.

If you go out alone at night you're pretty much begging to get robbed. I've never experienced a situation like that because I've always made sure to only venture out at night when I had at least two other people to go out with.

I would say as a female, some parts of Savannah in the day time aren't even that safe. Just be extra careful if you're female.

Savannah is a really beautiful place though, and it does suck that everything closes super early, but you get used to that. And there isn't much to do if you're under 21, that's why having a good group of friends to just chill with is so important to everyone here.

And not everyone smokes pot. I don't smoke anything and none of the friends I have made at scad do either.I came over 1,000 miles to attend this school, and I still don't regret that choice. I love SCAD, it's my second home now.

1st Year Female -- Class 2013
Campus Maintenance: A, Useful Schoolwork: C
Apr 05 2010Fine Arts - Painting/Sculpture/Photography/etc
Major Salary, Salary Trend, Satisfaction, Unemployment
SCAD is a great school with excellent resources to get you where you want to be in life. The classes are hard, but you will get what you put in as lame as that sounds. Make sure that you explore different majors because SCAD offers many different majors that you might not even know about, and some of the smaller majors are the best!
1st Year Female -- Class 2011
Surrounding City: A+, Perceived Campus Safety: C+
Mar 21 2010Other
Major Salary, Salary Trend, Satisfaction, Unemployment
Okay, so I'm noticing a lot of trashy comments towards SCAD - honestly, I think it depends on the type of person you are, and the professors you choose. Yes, the food here sucks (rumors on improvement though?), the dorms could be better, and it's not the safest area, but, with common sense when you're out and about, etc, it's bearable. Picking the right professors is important. Ratemyprofessor.com is SUPER-helpful and I use it every time I choose my classes. I never regret my choices, I have had so many inspiring and fantastic professors here and I think they're worth every cent. I'm a double-major in Animation and Sequential, so I can speak for both those departments - you will get your money's worth in eduacation for those. I've also had great foundation teachers.

Most of the students here are really friendly too, you can start a conversation with most people, yes there are some snooty arrogant types, etc... but most of the kids here are pretty pleasant so it helps a lot. Overall I'm really enjoying my time here, it can be extremely stressful since classes are crammed into 10 weeks but you learn a lot.

1st Year Female -- Class 2012