StudentsReview :: The Savannah College of Art and Design - Comments and Student Experiences

Rhode Island School of Design -- Providence, RI
Ringling School of Art and Design -- Sarasota, FL
Pratt Institute -- Brooklyn, NY

The Savannah College of Art and Design

Dec 05 2014Other
Major Salary, Salary Trend, Satisfaction, Unemployment
I would say the faculties are decent people only a few good gems. However the school and administration are downright corrupt. They have been truly screwing me over a lot. Scad is nothing but profiting my life with some piece of paper. I have closure with them soon and will be rolling up my degree and smoking it.
5th Year Male -- Class 2014
Campus Maintenance: A+, Useful Schoolwork: F
Aug 25 2014Art & Design Department
Major Salary, Salary Trend, Satisfaction, Unemployment
After attending what I thought was my "dream school" for less that a full year (two quarters) I left with an absolute distaste in my mouth. SCAD is nothing more than a horrendous excuse for an art school. First off, the school lacks the accreditations that places like FIDM, RISD and Parsons have. Second, the faculty in the department I was in (Fashion) were arrogant, rude and unhelpful. I had taken almost half of my required fashion classes at another school across the country and gotten everything from a B- to several B+ and a few A's in these classes and yet they had the audacity to tell me that I needed to retake them when my work was above that of several of their senior students!

Also, the tuition for this place is laughable. The scholarships are a joke. I wasted twenty-five grand on six classes that I could have taken in one semester at my local State University for only five!!! They are robber-barrons who make you live on their less-than-accomitable housing to get full scholarship, otherwise you only get seventy percent. These "dorms" are renovated motels from the sixties and seventies that look like they would fail an asbestos test today. The "employment rate" they boast is fabricated and I guarantee you most graduates get temp jobs or part-time internships that end and they are left in crippling debt. Trust me, it is NOT WORTH going into debt for a college degree. NOTHING IS WORTH DEBT!!!

Finally, something is wrong with that president of theirs. She is just not right and I wouldn't doubt that there is something illegal going on at the administrative level. Watch, within the next five years or so an investigation will be launched into that school and with luck she and her tenured jokes of professors will be indicted. So, all-in-all I have absolutely nothing good to say about this school. I urge you to go the cheap route and either get an art degree at your local university or skip college all together and start honing your craft. I'm just grateful I got out of there in time to realize what a joke the place is.

1st Year Male -- Class 2016
Innovation: B, Education Quality: F
Jun 30 2014Art & Design Department
Major Salary, Salary Trend, Satisfaction, Unemployment
I am hugely disappointed with my undergraduate experience. I graduated at the top of my class and cannot find a job. SCAD promises a 95% placement rate - this is a total lie. My friends cannot find jobs either. I'm in debt and don't know how I'm going to pay back my loans. SCAD is a joke. It's all a money making scheme.