StudentsReview :: The University of Georgia - Comments and Student Experiences

The University of Georgia

Apr 23 2014Art & Design Department

I have a BFA in Graphic Design from UGA. I would say that it is by far the m

Preparedness: C- Reputation: A

For my college decision, I chose between the

Mar 12 2014Economics
For my college decision, I chose between the University of Georgia, Georgia Tech, the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, and the College of William & Mary. I wondered for a month or so after arriving at UGA if I had made the right choice (I was raised a Tarheels fan), but I couldn't be more certain that Georgia is the place for me. UGA is a damn good school in a great college town. Go there. You won't regret it... It's the best decision I ever made.
1st Year Male -- Class 2017
Education Quality: A+, Useful Schoolwork: C

The rumors are that about 1,000 students get

Feb 09 2014Business - Management and Administration
The rumors are that about 1,000 students get arrested for underage drinking or something similar. Be careful if you come to school here as there is a very aggressive attitude to arresing students. Despite the fact that all of the bars will let you in, there are many arrests outside of the bars. The dorms instruct the people manning the desks to call the police and not let the student into the dorm if they appear drunk What a terrible attitude when the university knows that 98% of the underage students drink. Why is there such an efort to have them arrested, rather than going through some type of university counseling program? Most of the students arested do not have a drinking problem. They are good kids that are achieving well in school and are just doing something occassionally that almost every student does. What a horrible way to treat its students rather than trying to develop something more meaningful.
1st Year Male -- Class 2017