StudentsReview :: Wesleyan College - Comments and Student Experiences

Brown University -- Providence, RI

Wesleyan College

I am beyond grateful that I have theQuite BrightPsychology
I am beyond grateful that I have the opportunity to attend this college. If I had the opportunity to go to another school, I wouldn't. Here is why:

1. The campus is absolutely beautiful. Even when it rains, it's gorgeous. The Cherry Blossom trees on campus are also part of the reason why this campus is so beautiful. I feel so relaxed whenever I walk around campus. Not only that but we also have some wildlife on our campus. We have geese, deer, and horses (the horses are for the equestrian team). They just add more beauty!

2. The professors are amazing. They aren't there to just collect a paycheck, they are there for you. My professors can tell when something is wrong with me and they pull me to the side and ask if I want to talk about it. They are incredibly understanding and they always make sure that you understand the material. If you don't then they will set up times to meet with you or get you in touch with the tutor. (Tutors at Wesleyan are free, btw). They also give you their cell phone numbers in case you need to reach them right away.

3. Wesleyan provides many opportunities for you to be able to do an internship. It doesn't matter what year you are, you are able to go out into the field you want a career in and get credit counted towards your classes. Not only that, but our education department allows its students (even first years) to go into classrooms and work with the children and get a hands on experience on what their future job will be like.

4. Wesleyan also provides many opportunities for you to conduct your own research study. If you are looking at going to Graduate school then having a lot of research studies under belt is a definite guarantee into Grad school. Not only that, but there are plenty of opportunities for you to get your research published and to present it at different conferences. This school is truly amazing and I am so blessed to be able to call this my Alma Matter. Hail Wesleyan!

3rd Year Female -- Class 2016
Education Quality: A+, University Resource Use: B-
I believe that my Wesleyan education has notQuite BrightHistory/Histories (art history/etc.)
I believe that my Wesleyan education has not only prepared me for the drive and determination needed in the work field, but also the ability to professionally communicate with my co-workers and supervisors. The diversity of the campus, on-on-one attention from professors, and the extracurricular activities I was involved in while a student at Wesleyan all contributed to my success after graduation.
Preparedness: A Reputation: A
Avoid the mistake I made.BrightOther
Avoid the mistake I made. DO NOT COME HERE.
I did not want to come to Wesleyan. My parents pushed me to because I had relatives who attended here way back. Stupidly, I caved because I got what I thought was a decent scholarship and I thought "it can't be that bad." It was worse than I expected. Fortunately, I will be out of here in May and get the chance to go on to better things.

If you are considering Wesleyan here are some things you need to know.
1. It's tiny. No, really. My high school was bigger. Ignore whatever the college says online or the admissions people tell you about the number of students. In truth, there are about 400 students here (give or take) and you will see them ALL THE TIME for the next four years.

2. The sexual atmosphere is weird. No, Wesleyan isn't a convent. It's also not completely full of lesbians. But you are likely to be harassed (or bullied) by one of the militant black lesbians. Seriously, think orange is the new black. And when you complain, some naive little white girl who had never even heard of being gay before college will tell you how you are trying to oppress her rights.

3. Wesleyan could be really beautiful. From a distance it is. But up close it's a different story. The buildings are either brand new and nice (Taylor Hall and the Science Center) or falling down. The library literally smells like mildew and cat pee. Last year, the college started building a new chapel. I think it would have been better to fix up some of the other buildings instead of building a big, expensive building for the 15 girls who actually go to chapel.

4. The administration is obsessed with China. The school has worked out some sort of a deal with a University in China to bring lots of international students to Wesleyan. They say it is going to help the college with money or something. Practically, it means that a bunch of the people in my classes are Chinese. It might be cool if Wesleyan's American students got the change to do a semester in China. So far, it seems to be a one way thing.5. I thought I got a pretty decent scholarship when I came to Wesleyan. It turns out everyone gets a pretty decent scholarship to come to Wesleyan. I don't know anyone who isn't getting a scholarship or some sort of financial aid. If the admissions office tries to make you feel like the scholarship they offer you is a big deal or it is super competitive, don't believe it. You'll be one of many.

3rd Year Female -- Class 2015