StudentsReview :: Cornell College - Comments and Student Experiences

Brown University -- Providence, RI

Cornell College

Great school for learning

May 23 2012Math
Great school for learning how to think for yourself and analyze situations. Cornell doesn't emphasize memorizing facts, but teaches you how to learn.
Starting Job: Grad Student Preparedness: A+ Reputation: C

I love Cornell

Sep 17 2012Political Science
I love Cornell. It is hard to understand this place from the outside. We are a true community. We welcome weird,we embrace the misunderstood and we work together to keep idealism alive. At Cornell I have discovered so much about myself and renewed my faith in humanity. Our classes are difficult and we explore our subjects in depth. Most of our professors are friends and colleagues rather than big brother figures. This place is a happy one where if actually learning is your goal, you will enjoy it.
3rd Year Female -- Class 2014
Faculty Accessibility: A+, Surrounding City: B-

Before I say anything else: Cornell College is

Oct 11 2008Other
Before I say anything else: Cornell College is not in Ithaca, NY. It is in Iowa. Cornell College was around before Cornell University, but it is not THE Cornell.

Cornell College is not for everyone. One-Course-at-a-Time can be intense, but it also gives you an opportunity to learn a lot. If you love learning, you will probably love OCAAT.

The food sucks. But contrary to other reviews the social scene does not. This is not a party school, but who said that means we don't have fun? The school really tries hard to give us things to do. There are a lot of clubs, too. Cedar Rapids is a lot of fun and only 30 minutes away. I think Mt. Vernon is pretty charming on its own, though.

The faculty are ultra-attentive. They will pay so much attention to you. (Before I forget, the campus is pretty by midwestern standards. Lots of tall grass and brick.)

Remember that there are less than 1100 students. The student body is tiny! Everybody knows everybody. It's sort of like high school 2.0 in that way, except not as clique-y. There are cliques though - don't be fooled by the promotional stuff.Overall, Cornell is a place for people who want to learn a lot and have some good clean fun with good-hearted people. The people can be close-minded, but they do so without realizing it. 8.7 out of 10.

1st Year Female -- Class 2011