StudentsReview ™ :: Cornell College - Comments and Student Experiences

Brown University -- Providence, RI

Cornell College

My experience at Cornell College was wonderful

Jun 23 2007Psychology
My experience at Cornell College was wonderful. The campus is beautiful and I loved all the historic buildings. The students were friendly and bright, and the faculty were always ready to help with a smile. I loved life on the OCAAT calander. I am currently attending graduate school at a larger university and I would absolutely LOVE to go back to Cornell's One-Course-At-A-Time and its professors who actually seem to care about their students. Mt. Vernon is a small town, but if you are creative, you can come up with lots of great things to do. If you are only interested in the party scene, Cornell College and Mt. Vernon are not for you. However, if you are looking for a great, tough, little school where you can be yourself, I would recommend giving Cornell some thought.

I am a biology student, and I transfered

Dec 19 2003Biology
I am a biology student, and I transfered away from Cornell because the One-Course-at-a-Time DOES NOT work for science majors. I worked day and night to get As and found myself sick all the time due to the stress and number of hours required to be sucessful. I never really learned anything because the whole class is a huge cram session. When I started taking classes at my new school, I did not remember a thing I had learned at Cornell.

Besides this, there is no social life at Cornell unless you join a Greek organization. The town is tiny and the only thing to do is go to the bars.Don't waste your money.

1st Year Female -- Class 2005
Useful Schoolwork: A+, Innovation: F

My college sucks because the food here is

Nov 23 2004Computer Science
My college sucks because the food here is edible, at best, and the dorms are not all that great, and the people at Residence Life are hard to talk to.My college rocks because of One Course At A Time. It allows for amazing focus and inhibits procrastination (how does one procrastinate on a paper due in three days?). Also, the faculty here are knowledgeable and accessible. After three and a half years (28 blocks) I have had only one professor NOT give me his or her home phone number. I'm on a first-name basis with most of my professors, and all of them in my department. And the people here are, for the most part, awesome. Cornell rules.
3rd Year Female -- Class 2005