StudentsReview ™ :: Dordt College - Comments and Student Experiences

Princeton University -- Princeton, NJ
Rice University -- Houston, TX

Dordt College

Very much made up of students from this

Apr 04 2014Agriculture/Horticulture
Very much made up of students from this small town or other small towns like Sioux Center. They greatly advertise diversity to prospective students, but in all reality about 95% of students are white. There is absolutely nothing to do and no civilization within an hour. Students literally have fun by going to Walmart or the donut shop. Most of the people that are from here act very arrogant and think there is no better place than Sioux Center, IA. Many of the professors' tests are comprised of random facts and do not actually test whether or not the student understands the material at hand. I am greatly disappointed with my decision to attend this college.
2nd Year Male -- Class 2014
Perceived Campus Safety: A, Education Quality: F
Dec 29 2012Music Education

You do NOT give those of us who are retired any options for answering questions pertaining to our present situation.

Starting Job: elementary teacher Preparedness: B+ Reputation: B+

It helped me in the beginning 10 years

Dec 29 2012Math
It helped me in the beginning 10 years of my work, because I was a teacher. When no teaching jobs were available, I became a nurse (in a hospital) and then a nurse educator. Nursing is more satisfactory for me than teaching. I also earned a master's degree in counseling to help my husband (a pastor) in his job as a prayer counselor.
Starting Job: teacher Preparedness: B Reputation: B