StudentsReview :: Dordt College - Comments and Student Experiences

Princeton University -- Princeton, NJ
Rice University -- Houston, TX

Dordt College

I came to Dordt knowing it was located

Apr 23 2014Social Work
I came to Dordt knowing it was located in the middle of nowhere, but I really wanted a genuinely Christian education. i definitely have that here. Due to its location, Dordt does have a lot of people who are closed-minded, but it just challenges me to know how to love more. The faculty are more than willing to help- they often give their cell phone number. It is not as hard as I thought it would be, but you can definitely create your own challenge. It may also be my major that is not that difficult.
2nd Year Female -- Class 2016
Education Quality: A+, Surrounding City: D
Dec 29 2012Music Education

You do NOT give those of us who are retired any options for answering questions pertaining to our present situation.

Starting Job: elementary teacher Preparedness: B+ Reputation: B+

Very much made up of students from this

Apr 04 2014Agriculture/Horticulture
Very much made up of students from this small town or other small towns like Sioux Center. They greatly advertise diversity to prospective students, but in all reality about 95% of students are white. There is absolutely nothing to do and no civilization within an hour. Students literally have fun by going to Walmart or the donut shop. Most of the people that are from here act very arrogant and think there is no better place than Sioux Center, IA. Many of the professors' tests are comprised of random facts and do not actually test whether or not the student understands the material at hand. I am greatly disappointed with my decision to attend this college.
2nd Year Male -- Class 2014