StudentsReview :: Iowa Central Community College - Comments and Student Experiences

Cambria-Rowe Business College (Indiana) -- Indiana, PA
Indiana University -- Bloomington, IN
Illinois College -- Jacksonville, IL

Iowa Central Community College

Undecided
bullying in the football dorms and a lot of drugs in the towers-beware-
I'm online so I have no idea whatQuite BrightOther
I'm online so I have no idea what goes on at the campus. For the most part I am very satisfied with this school. I took a human Service degree and it was challenging. I took psychology at UOP and both degrees are similar, but I'm glad I switched Degrees. I had good instructors and you have to put in good work in order to pass. They are definitely not passing out A's here. I worked hard in all of my courses and I got the grades I deserved. The only problem I had was twice with financial Aid, but once I called they fixed everything for me. With any school when your funds are being disbursed, make sure to speak with someone and go over where all your money is going etc.. I never had a problem getting in touch with anyone and they always got back to me in a timely manner. I would highly recommend this school to anyone and I'm glad I found this college. It's hard to find a community college that has a degree that is fully online. Usually when you do find a school it's a For-profit college.My advice: Always do research on any school you are considering and most importantly make sure it is accredited. Try to go for a No-Profit school because from my experience schools like UOP, Kaplan, Ashford etc.. have bad reputations, and trust me employers will hire someone from a better school first before you. For an undergraduate degree don't focus to much on going to the best top rated school (save that for a master or higher degree), just make sure the school you choose is accredited. Everyone has their own opinion so I don't expect everyone to agree with me. I wrote this for those who want an honest opinion. And everything I wrote is from my personal experience attending this school and when I went to interviews for a job.
2nd Year Female -- Class 2013
Faculty Accessibility: B, Education Quality: F
If you're thinking of joining an online college
If you're thinking of joining an online college think again before attending here. Of course during admissions, you'll have a great experience, but once you're in that's it and if anything ever goes wrong, if you have a crisis, anything, it doesn't matter. The school doesn't take anything into consideration. I have a classmate who's family member died out of state. She communicated, sent articles & more & they said no problem, turn your work in when it's all taken care of. She did just that and they FAILED her for the week for NOT taking a computer w/ her to funerals, etc to make daily posts! The small office there is all about politics. TJ Martin, the Dean, Shari Ivory, and the help desk are all a little gang that gossip & don't do anything for the greater good of any students. If your power goes out or something happens during a test, good luck, they don't care. I assure you, this is the 2nd college I've attended w/ a 4.0. I've never had a lesser grade. B/c of this school I've now gone down to a 3.0. Does that sound right? All b/c of their politics & sick disgusting contradicting policies they have very much damaged my transcripts. If you care about school, do not go here. You will suffer & pay for it. The increase tuition every few months as well w/o notifying you, and the lies are endless. When one staff says not to worry all will be fine, all others are right behind them listening & they plot what to say next. Since you have 7 days to resolve an issue you'll often hear, we'll get back to you. This is so they can exceed the 7 days & not resolve anything. Please, do your research & don't suffer what so many of us have. It's truly sad an institution can be so awful to paying and educated students. It's all about money I thought but when students made comments & said I'm transferring out, they didn't care and let them. What does that say... they simply don't care and their staff is an absolute evil group of no good people. You're supposed to get what you put in and in this case the more you put in the less you get. I assure you, if you're a 4.0 student, you will not be after a few months of this school. Not b/c of not doing your work but b/c of online issues, and their refusal to correct anything. Lazy & disgusting people & school to say the least.

According to NPR, the cost of college tuition an... more→