StudentsReview :: Iowa Wesleyan College - Comments and Student Experiences

Iowa Wesleyan College

This school is a joke

Apr 10 2014Undecided
This school is a joke. The athletics suck, there is only 500 students, they cut half the majors, and they cut nearly 40% of the faculty. People here do not take their education seriously, and most of the student population wastes their time drinking and partying. The surrounding city is extremely small with nothing to do, and just staying one semester was the longest, and one of the worst experiences of my life. I highly suggest picking a different school. I know personally over thirty kids that transferred either during or after the first semester.
1st Year Male -- Class 2018
Faculty Accessibility: B, Social Life: F

If I could redo my education I would

Jul 13 2013Psychology
If I could redo my education I would study harder and have a stronger background from 8th grade through my A.A. degree. I saw at IWC just how little I knew and studied harder than ever to make up the deficit. IWC is a great Liberal Arts school and it was/is a privilege to be associated with it.
Starting Job: Coordinator Preparedness: A Reputation: B+

For the price of over 25 thousand dollars

Mar 12 2014Psychology
For the price of over 25 thousand dollars or more this school is overpriced. The teachers are unkind and ruthless. I went to scc which is a community college and learned more thre in a week during my 6 months at iwc. The students are snooty and cold hearted. This is a terrible school. The writing department is a mess. The teachers are critical and think they are Pulitzer Prize winners. A mess. One teacher didnt even know that martin s. the director of gangs of New York , goodfellas , taxi diriver, wolf of Wall Street won an academy award. She argued with me that he didnt ever win. Yes he did for the movie departed I said. She rambled on like I was the idiot. Terrible teacher period. And overpaid. Terrible school I withdrew immediately
1st Year Male -- Class 2016