StudentsReview :: Kirkwood Community College - Comments and Student Experiences

Kirkwood Community College

Stay away from this place

Oct 23 2012Finance
Stay away from this place. the teachers are great, but if a student does not like you they will attack you. the staff wont do anything but claim they are not responsible for anything even on campus.
3rd Year Male -- Class 2017
Education Quality: A, Individual Value: F

Love this school

Oct 06 2012Other
Love this school. Started my education here and went on to a bigger university. Saved me almost $80,000 to do my first two years here!
3rd Year Male -- Class 2012
Education Quality: A+, Surrounding City: D

I transferred credits from another University and took

Jul 14 2014Other
I transferred credits from another University and took a few classes here and there towards my degree. I work full time and have a family so my registration was never consistent. Now that it's been about 4 years since I've taken a class, I, apparently, have to TEST IN to take a class that has NO pre-requisites (true for both a History and a Math class that I need to finish my degree). I've already taken the required courses leading up to each class but I'm told I have to take the pre-requisites in order to even get to the 2 classes I actually need since I've been "out of the classroom" for so long. So- in order for me to complete these two classes for my degree, Kirkwood is making me take an additional 3 classes (over $1000 worth of education) when I already have the background from another college. How does 2 classes turn into 5?!?
1st Year Female -- Class 2015