StudentsReview :: Ashford University - Comments and Student Experiences

Philander Smith College -- Little Rock, AR
Hobart and William Smith Colleges -- Geneva, NY

Ashford University

Going to a online program was about acessability

Mar 15 2014Anthropology
Going to a online program was about acessability for me. I had already used this format at brick and mortar junior colleges so I was prepared for how the assignments might be designed. The class selection was determined by my advisor based on predictions of filling sections with the major populous. Only once did I bother to request a certain class as a prerequisite to starting senior year courses. The advisors I had were all fairly prompt and now as a alumnus I am contacted often regaurding returning for graduate work or opportunities they have for me in the career center.
3rd Year Female -- Class 2014
Scholastic Success: A, Useful Schoolwork: C

Transferred to this school in 2010 and it

Aug 24 2013History/Histories (art history/etc.)
Transferred to this school in 2010 and it was the best academic decision I made. I've served in the military for the last 16 years and attended numerous schools in pursuit of my BA. Ashford is the best school I've attended. If they had the MA program I want I would continue with them. Don't take my word for it, but test it out yourself.
2nd Year Male -- Class 2013
Education Quality: A+, University Resource Use: A-

This school was wonderful 3 years ago, when

Apr 17 2014Accounting
This school was wonderful 3 years ago, when I first started. They have grown too rapidly, had accreditation issues as a result, and have rapidly raised tuition rates. It's impossible now to get an advisor that is useful. You must expect to micromanage your financial aid, your account, your class schedule, and at times, call in to get your courses changed yourself due to advisor's scheduling improperly. You have no access to the dates of classes, or the ability to sign up for them yourself. Also, be prepared for them to change what is required for your program, as well as their policies every few months. They have 3 version of the 2013-2014 student handbook, for example.
3rd Year Female -- Class 2014