StudentsReview :: The University of Dubuque - Comments and Student Experiences

Yale University -- New Haven, CT
University of California -- Berkeley, CA

The University of Dubuque

AverageUndecided
The University of Dubuque just isn't the school for me. I'm going to say this about the University of Dubuque, isn't for everyone. If you want a school where all the students care about is playing sports rather than actual school, this is the place for you. Also if you like the occasional party this isn't the place to come. I like to party a little bit , but here it's so lame. Also most of the students don't live far from the university so everyone goes home for the weekend, it makes the campus very boring. One of the biggest things I dislike about the school is the students here want to be coddled, they still have a high schooler mentality. The classes are okay, but the classes seems kind of easy to pass. I'm planning to transfer this year because I feel isolated for being a student that does my work. The some students refer to me as "try hard" because I get my work done, and they think I'm smart but it's just I work hard. Don't come to this school if you have a work ethic, or have a bright head on your shoulders. By coming here you will go into debt, and have a horrible experience. One thing I will say that is good about the university is you get pretty good financial aid from the school, but that's the only positive I can think of. I know I?m contradicting myself, but they give you a lot. You do have to pay the rest from pocket which isn't bad. Finally I end my review with this piece of crucial information. When looking for college look for what you want out of college. If you want to party, go to a party school, if you want to be challenged then go to a good university. Don't choose a place to appease your family or friends, and make sure you get the full college experience because you're paying thousands of dollars, you might as well enjoy the four, six, or eight years you want to be in school.
1st Year Female -- Class 2019
Campus Aesthetics: A+, Collaboration/Competitive: F
The University of Dubuque just wasn't the schoolQuite BrightUndecided
The University of Dubuque just wasn't the school for me. I'm going to say this, the University of Dubuque isn't for everyone. If you want a school where all the students care about is playing sports rather than actual school, this is the place for you. Also if you like the occasional party this isn't the place to come. I like to party a little bit , but here it's so lame. Also most of the students don't live far from the university so everyone goes home for the weekend so this is very boring. One of the biggest things I dislike about the school is the students here want to be coddled, they still have a high schooler mentality. The classes are okay, but the classes seems kind of easy to pass. I'm planning to transfer this year because I feel isolated for being a student that does my work. The some students refer to me as "try hard" because I get my work done, and they think I'm smart but it's just hard work. Don't come to this school if you have a work ethic, or have a bright head on your shoulders. By coming here you will go into debt, and have a horrible experience. One thing I will say that is good is you get pretty good financial aid from the school, but that's the only positive I can think of. I know I?m contradicting myself, but they give you a lot. You do have to pay the rest from pocket which isn't bad. Finally I end my review with this piece of crucial information. When looking for college look for what you want out of college. If you want to party, go to a party school, if you want to be challenged then go to a good university.
1st Year Male -- Class 2019
Campus Aesthetics: A, Collaboration/Competitive: F
I don't know everything about all the otherQuite BrightAerospace Engineering
I don't know everything about all the other programs, however I know that the useful degrees (Aviation, CGIM, and Business for example) have knowledgeable staff and seem to get great reviews from other students who are here to actually learn. Someone who's hoping to get away with the bare minimum might complain about the good teachers.

Class sizes are a huge benefit of this school. Easy to ask questions and get one-on-one time.
Aviation department seems to be headed in the right direction. Pricey, but most aviation departments are.

Biggest complaint I have are the dorms. HOWEVER, they have recently finished construction of their new dorms and they're pretty damned awesome. That being said, the old dorms are still around and you might be stuck in those your first year.

Not allowed to bring air condition into the old dorms.New dorms have it built in, central air style I think.

4th Year Male -- Class 2015