StudentsReview :: The University of Northern Iowa - Comments and Student Experiences

The University of Northern Iowa

Spanish dept is great, UNI as a whole

Jan 29 2014Education
Spanish dept is great, UNI as a whole is horrible. They made so many cutbacks (sports, classes, and professors) it seems they are promoting ''money first, students second'., and reaping all the benefits. The town, Cedar Falls, treats the students and campus as secondary shit even though the students support and give life to this low life area. Forget UNI and attend ISU or U of I, save the pain of dealing with their B.S.
5th Year Male -- Class 2015
Faculty Accessibility: A-, Individual Value: F

The backbone of the

Oct 27 2013Design Arts - Industrial Design/Graphic Design/etc
The backbone of the university can not communicate or run properly. I've spent hours upon hours trying to get ahold of a certain advisor or trying to get a refund or change a simple class. VERY poor communication between departments and with students. Quite unorganized!
3rd Year Male -- Class 2015
Friendliness: A, Education Quality: F

It was not what I was expecting

Mar 16 2014Art & Design Department
It was not what I was expecting. I came here from Wisconsin and I plan on transferring back next year. Most everyone seems very religious and close minded, as well as arrogant for some reason. The scenery and surrounding town is all very flat and boring, which is normal and to be expected for Iowa, but not very exciting (again, my fault, not sure what else I was expecting).I feel like I'm not getting my money's with from this school. If possible, go to Iowa or Iowa state. I do not feel challenged here at all. This school might be right for some people (EDUCATION MAJORS) but not for me.
1st Year Male -- Class 2017