| Sort By:
|Not so bright|
| The University is closed minded, controlled by the LDS religion, and is non-Native friendly. There is no support given to Native American students. The Director of Native American Services discriminates against Native students and abuses her position of power. |
|Feb 23 2012|| 3rd Year Male --
Class 2014 |
| After reading a lot of the reviews I felt I should comment. First off, a lot of the reviews, while accurate, aren't very objective. I would like to share my experience. This school is less like a University and more like an extension of high school. This goes for everything from the students to the administration. There are a few good professors, although for the life of me I can't understand how they ended up here. I have even had a one that left because he was fed up with the school's lack of support for his program and efforts. I feel bad for the few good professors here that really try only to be stonewalled by students whom refuse to participate. They treat it like high school. When questions are asked, no one answers. I would be the first to admit, I am a lazy student outside of the classroom. Always have been. My time is for me, not homework. I'm one of those lazy, high IQ people. But the level of participation from students is appalling. The way the school is run is pathetic as well. You should research the president, Arthur Vailas. The faculty has voted no confidence in him more than once and the student have tried to get rid of him as well all to no avail. He wants this school to be the "MIT of the West" but all he has done is run it further into the ground. He is incompetent and it just trickles down from there. I worked there the entire time I studied there and still cannot get a job even for the department I just worked for! And this is with the recommendation of everyone of the interviewers. Now I am seeking to get a master's from a legitimate University. For your own sake, do not go to this "University". I for one wish I could get my time and money back. Do not hesitate to contact me if you have any other questions. |
|Nov 29 2011|| Alumnus Male --
Class 2000 |
| Attending Idaho State University was one of the worst decisions of my life. This school is closeminded, self-centered, and boring. Mainly it's just full of FLAWS. You want to know what those flaws are? Let me tell you...|
1. Social Life. The social life here deserves a total F-. All the students are boring, not outgoing, and lazy. All they do is sit around on the weekends, watching reruns of Family Guy while stuffing their faces with cheeseburgers. I tried to get a group people over for a party. They all came. What did we do? Play twister and eat potato chips the whole time. Can you say lame?
2. Diversity. There is hardly any diversity here. They are all white mormons. I come from a very diverse family, half black and half Mexican. I thought maybe I'd be able to meet a few other races here. Do I? Nope.
3. Challenging Classes. There are NO challenging classes here. Seriously, do they think we're all stupid? The course work is so freaking easy a sixth grader could do it and still pass with a C. Nuff said there.
4. Snobby girls. The girls here are so freaking FULL OF IT! They think they're so awesome because they're going to ISU for college. No. They're just rude losers with nothing but seven children to look forward to.
5. No competitiveness. There is no competitiveness what so ever here. They think that competition is over rated or something because they are all joined at the hip and refuse to even try to beat one another at anything. But really they are just a bunch of snobby girls, a bunch of stupid guys, some nonchallenging classes, and a loser football team.Don't come to ISU.
|Apr 19 2011|| 3rd Year Female --
Class 2011 |