StudentsReview :: Bradley University - Comments and Student Experiences

I am a non traditional student.Quite BrightElectrical Engineering
I am a non traditional student. I completed my Assoc in Engineering at ICC the little community college accross the river. A great school especially for the value. Everyone told me how great Bradley was, including my wife. None of them were EE, Bradley is from what I hear a great Mech and Civil Engineering school. This does not hold for any of the smaller Engineering programs like Electrical. My experience was horrible, my entire class of 44 absolutely hated this school, many stating they would have transferred if their credits transferred out, which they won't, at least not well. Many still did and just took the hit. The program is a joke, 95% theory and outdated education. Robotics class was programming roombas to drive in circles for 4 months. We tried to shake it up and make a more advanced project and the prof tried to dock our 4 perfect As. Another prof exclaimed in the class he didn't know how to do the math and just read the book for that chapter and then moved on. It was on the test which he said it wouldnt be and he did it wrong. Every day after was a class argument with him over his tests. Another prof upon giving me a C on a test (25% of my grade) said i should have studied more. I told him I did 40+ hrs for one test, he asked what I went over, I told him: book, homework, previous exams, and his study guide. He told me "yeah see you studied the wrong things. You should have found some other topics we didn't cover as I should have learned all that stuff in class." Equipment is rudimentary at best, they regularly treat you like idiot children. Restricted access to labs regardless of projects. No complaints or issues are ever dealt with. Advisors are misleading and often result in you having to take extra semesters. Admistration is unhelpful. Campus Violent Crime is weekly. The campus can be wuite pretty. While there are a few good professors they are over shadowed. School spends 1million a year on a losing coach while yhe engineering buidling looks like a dilapidated warehouse. Honestly go get your Assoc at a community college and just go to a state school. Education is the same gets u the same job.
3rd Year Male -- Class 2017
Collaboration/Competitive: B+, Faculty Accessibility: F
Super BrilliantNursing
I love this school!!!!! If I had the choice I would come back again and again!!!!!!!!!
1st Year Female -- Class 2019
Education Quality: A+, Campus Aesthetics: B+
Bradley University is full of rich, apathetic, close-mindedQuite BrightChemistry
Bradley University is full of rich, apathetic, close-minded white kids. People lack individual personalities and are for the most part, just plain bland to talk to. Living on campus feels like being in a crappy high school drama, especially if you hang out with any of the girls. The amount of ignorance and racism here is ridiculous. Most of the students think they're hot shit because they got into a private university ('private' does not mean 'good,' kids!) with a "low" acceptance rate of 67%. Others regret coming here. When you pick a college you should be worrying about the quality of education and how much it costs. That being said, the academic strength of the students and teachers here is not one of this school's strong suits. I have literally had one good teacher in my two years here. The reason I came here was because it was actually one of the cheaper options I had (large merit scholarship, some scholarship for being in-state), but if you don't get scholarship, consider going to U of I or ISU instead. There aren't too many clubs here besides sports and greek life. Students here mostly get drunk for fun. There aren't really parties around here. Just drunk people. The surrounding area is mostly residential, the city (Peoria) is a dying one with boarded windows and closed shops. If you're a minority, definitely do not come here.
2nd Year Male -- Class 2018