StudentsReview :: Bradley University - Comments and Student Experiences

All is fine atBrightNutrition
All is fine at school and was sold by "open door" policy if any issues. However, all false. When problems arise, administration never responds or distorts issues to avoid anything negative. You are just a number! Once they get you as a student, they turn a deaf ear!
3rd Year Female -- Class 2018
Education Quality: B, Individual Value: F
I absolutely love Bradley.Quite BrightNutrition
I absolutely love Bradley. I would recommend it to anyone who asked me about the university. I honestly think that your experience is what you make of it. If you don't go and make new friends and experience everything there is to offer, then I don't believe you will have the same type of experience I have had so far. I'm only going into my second semester, but I still have had the time of my life and wouldn't change any of my decisions. Greek life is huge on campus, yet if you decide against joining it's not a big deal. It isn't like high school in that if you aren't Greek you are going to be avoided or something. Basically just have an open mind and make the best of it!
1st Year Female -- Class 2012
Education Quality: A+, Surrounding City: C+
I just finished my freshman year at BradleyBrightNutrition
I just finished my freshman year at Bradley and I loved it. At Bradley the cliques are much like in high school, and thats probably due to the compact size of the university. Oh this sucks too...if your into these sports: jujitsu/MMA/boxing/grappling/snowboarding/skateboarding(no long boards!)/

then your screwed because NO ONE AT BRADLEY DOES THEM!!!
we have one of the top soccer and basketball teams in the nation though...
a lot of the people here are kinda boring only because I have noticed that a lot of them don't do much with there time other than party and i mean Bradley parties go on constantly.

I read in a previous comment that the greek life is big and that is true. So if you are into Greek like you will be very pleased to know that bradley has alot of it.

The dorms suck only because the beds are lofted in most of the dorms and the ceilings are that rough drywall stuff and every time you go to lift your arm or make your bed you will snag your skin on that damn ceiling.

Oh if your vegan or vegeterian GEISERT HALL has cafeteria serving up some good vegan vegeterian food!

they even have a special fridge with all these vegan desserts!
The size of the classes vary because some are lectures and some may have as little as 15 people. From my experience biology courses are very difficult but the teacher is extreamly helpful. All the professors are always reminding the students that if they need anything they are welcome to ask for help.

The city of peoria is pretty cool because it has bars/clubs/theaters/bike trails!/zoos/museums/parks/malls/thrift stores/caterpillar CAT center/ect.

you can get around just fine without a car because citylink(the bus service) is really good for transportation and you can get a discount card in centercourt at bradley.

The peoria charter is a bus that you can take to go home visit the site and see if there it goes near to your town.

OH yeah,
I dont know if this matters to you but here at bradlye the majority of the students wear their pajamas/ sweats/ to class and only a few people dress up (like wear jeans) its nothing like highschool where you get ready to go to school and look all nice. I'm not saying no one does that but very few do.

Haussler hall was the sports and fitness center but they tore it down this summer and now in 2008 THERE IS A NEW SPORTS COMPLEX!!!!

man, Haussler hall sucked balls because it was so frikken old. Man I hated it after newyears the place was jam packed because there are o nly like 5 treadmills and 4 elipticals and 2 bikes and 1 stairstepper ( there are more tramills ect in Heitz hall but whatever I think they got rid of it this summer too) anyway people stopped going because they broke they newyears resolution and stopped working out everynight so slowly it wasnt crowded

I would suggest for you new people if you are decideing on a dorm go to U-hall if you are a party drunk crazy ass motha motha because its all freshman and thats where the party kids are and trust me they stay up all damn night yelling accross the hall with their freinds (annoying if your not into that) go to geisert if you like the being in a apartment style place because its a square not a long hall with doors. AND DONT GO TO HEITZ THERE IS NO AIR CONDITIONING. In all the dorms I think that all The bathrooms are clean but old style not updated they look very 70s. so go to bradley its is awesome

1st Year Female -- Class 2011